Haiti - FLASH : Message of President Martelly to the Nation
- A first group request to change the Prime Minister and several government ministers as a means to break the deadlock;
- Another group asked the President to take his responsibility as Article 136 of the Constitution request itn the second of January 2015;
- A third group asked to make change in the CEP;
- A fourth trend that would be established a Constituent Assembly to address the issue of the Constitution once for all because they think the current Constitution creates too much division and requires changes after almost 30 years;
- A final group recommends to extend the mandate of parliament or even to establish a Council that the Government must consult instead of Parliament when it takes big decisions.
The President insisted that the country is divided, the problems are numerous and complicated, adding that in the spirit to gather as many people as possible around the decisions he will have to take he decided, by order, to set up a Consultative Commission with credible personality, honest that society trusts;
Member of the Commission :
Mr. Gérard Gourgue, Mgr. Patrick Aris, Mr. Evans Paul, Pasteur Chavanne Jeune, Mr. Paul Loulou Chery, Mrs. Odette Roy Fombrun, Mr. Gabriel Fortuné, Mr. Réginald Boulos, Mr. Rony Mondestin, Mr. Charles Suffrard, Mgr. Ogé Beauvoir.
Listen the speech of the President followed by the reading of the order, by Rudy Hérivaux, Minister of Communication :
The commission's mission is to collect all the results of the consultations to make recommendation to the President Martelly so he can take the best decisions, which could allow the unlock of the situation.
The President gave 8 days to this Commission to make its recommendations. The President thanked the population for their patience, understanding and political maturity and reiterated that he would remain open and attentive to all citizens. Meanwhile he asked Parliament to vote electoral law.