Haiti - FLASH : Fuel price decrease, the Government made an extra effort
New price by Gallon :
- Gasoline 95 (-10.25%) down from 215 to 195 gourdes (-20 gourdes)
- Diesel (-12.7%) down from 177 to 157 gourdes (-20 gourdes)
- Kerosene (-9.6%) down from 171 to 156 (-15 gourdes)
The new prices will be effective from Friday, February 6, 2015.
Recall that the previous reduction, effective since Monday http://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-13074-haiti-flash-fuel-price-decrease.html was as follows :
Previous proposal :
- Gasoline 95 (-7.5%) down from 215 to 210 gourdes (-15 gourdes)
- Diesel (-9.27%) down from 177 to 167 gourdes (-15 gourdes)
- Kerosene (-6.3%) down from 171 to 161 (-10 gourdes)
After negotiations, the two sides agreed to form a monitoring committee of this MoU.
This structure, composed of three trade unionists, representatives of the Presidency, the Primature, the Ministry of Interior and the Ministry of Social Affairs, during one month the Committee will have as mission of :
Prime Minister Evans Paul is pleased to have contributed to the lifting of the strike and wishes the resumption of normal activities as soon as this Tuesday, February 3, inviting people to resume normal activities.
Let's hope that all unions, not just those that signed the agreement, also agreed to end the strike.
See also :
HL/ TB/ HaitiLibre