Haiti - Weather : Lifting of the Alert launched by the CNM and SPGRD
The 20th tropical wave is no longer a danger for Haiti right now. Dry air settles in the back and promotes a stable weather.
With that, the SPGRD announces the lifting of the alert on the country and authorizes the reopening of national flights and transport services. However it is always asked the people of the areas at risk to remain vigilant.
Forecast for Haiti
- Sunny and windy weather during the day;
- Some developments cloudy in the afternoon;
- Feeling hot during the day; more or less pleasant late night. Showers and isolated thunderstorms are possible in the country in the late afternoon or evening especially on the Centre, Artibonite and West.
Forecast for Port-au-Prince and its surroundings
- Sunny weather during the day;
- Possibility of winds on the West department;
- Cloudy periods late in the afternoon and evening;
- Tº max 37ºC or 98.6 0F; Tº min 24ºC or 95.4 0F;
- Showers and isolated thunderstorms are possible in the late afternoon or in evening.
Small boats are advised to take precautions at sea. Cabotage operations must be done with care and ban for small boats is required for this morning.