Haiti - Education : The right to education of children, systematically violated
- Academic training in decline;
- A training received differently depending on the type of school attended;
- Inaccessibility to education, for several children of school age;
- The unavailability of didactic works;
- The non-qualification of certain teachers;
- The inadequacy of school spaces;
- Over-encumbrance of classrooms.
The RNDDH emphasizes that these problems have been the subject of numerous discussions and, above all, of promises from the State authorities... However, the situation persists and tends to worsen.
The many teachers' protests to demand better working and learning conditions have important consequences for the academic year 2016 - 2017. Indeed, high school students are obliged to stay at home, trying, as best it is possible to fill the lost time. If some parents have managed to allow their children to attend college, the majority of high school students have spent the last two months doing nothing...
Download the full RNDDH report : http://www.haitilibre.com/docs/JNE-2017.pdf