iciHaiti - Digicel Foundation : Towards more responsible young Internet users

iciHaiti - Politic : The challenges of Haitian diplomacy on the agenda of the Senate

iciHaiti - Japan : Signature of a grant agreement for a project to strengthen resilience in the South

iciHaiti - Security : The PoliFront deploys in Ouanaminthe

iciHaiti - Social : Amnesty International denounces gender violence


more news


Haiti - Politic : D-1, Haiti ready to receive the 29th Conference of Heads of State of CARICOM

Haiti - Politic : Inauguration of the new road Cap-Haitian/Labadee

Haiti - Diaspora : Call for participation at the International Tourism Fair of Berlin

Haiti - Economy : «SUNY Maritime» presents an ambitious project to SEMANAH

Haiti - Security : Traffic of narcotic, dragnet in Pétion-ville !


more news


Haiti - Heritage : Repair of the dome of the Royal Chapel of Milot
30/07/2017 10:51:28

Haiti - Heritage : Repair of the dome of the Royal Chapel of Milot
Since June 23rd, the Institute for the Safeguarding of National Heritage (ISPAN), in partnership with the parish priest of the Immaculate Conception Church of Milot, has undertaken work of temporary waterproofing work on the roof of the Royal Chapel of Milot.

Let's recall that the domed roof of this circular chapel about thirty meters in diameter, covered with asphalt tiles (shingle) suffered the insults of time, which deteriorated and perforated in several places.



The intervention carried out with the means of the parish consisted in the consolidation of the farms after sprinkling and treatment of the woods; Waterproofing of laths and joints; Cleaning and partial replacement of asphalt tiles with a more suitable membrane (Soprema Sopralene Flam) for roofing.

It is important to note that since this work, there has been no water leakage despite several high-intensity showers, which confirms the effectiveness of the work regarding the sealing of the roof.



Learn more about the Chapel of Milot :
Located below of Sanssouci Palace, the Royal Chapel of Milot was built between 1810 and 1813 during the reign of King Christophe. It was at that time a high place of Catholicism in Haiti and also a mausoleum, since priests and officers were buried inside.

Heavily damaged by the earthquake of 1842, it was rebuilt in the years 1930-33 at the end of the American occupation. The Milot Chapel was declared a national patrimony by a presidential decree dated 28 August 1995.

HL/ SL/ HaitiLibre

Twitter Facebook Rss
Send news to... Daily news...




Why HaitiLibre ? | Contact us | Français
Copyright © 2010 - 2018
Haitilibre.com