Haiti - IRMA : Establishment of an Agricultural Sector Emergency Unit
Established specifically for the passage of Hurricane IRMA of Category 5, CUSA in composed mainly of Agronomists, Statisticians and Managers. It will perform the functions of coordination, evaluation and planning of the survey plan and monitoring the action plan. In addition, it will have the following main tasks :
- Prepare an Action Plan and, in the event that IRMA affects the national territory, ensure that there are not several assessments for the agricultural sector;
- Coordinate all efforts to assess losses and damage and implement the responses of the agricultural sector to possible damage caused by cyclone IRMA;
- Develop a consultation and exchange mechanism with the Technical and Financial Partners (TFPs) at the various stages of the technical evaluation of losses and damages;
- Revise, if necessary, the rapid damage assessment form and ensure that the collection of information that must assist in the assessment of the situation;
- Supervise, if necessary, the various technical teams delegated in the field, to accompany and approve, if necessary, the Departmental Emergency Cell - IRMA instituted by the Departmental Agricultural Departments (DDA);
- Supervise, if necessary, the various technical teams delegated in the field to accompany and support, if necessary, the Departmental Emergency Cell (CUSA-IRMA) set up the Departmental Agricultural Departments (DDA).
Minister Beliard reiterated his commitment to accompany the agricultural sector during and after the passage of Hurricane IRMA on Haiti.