Haiti - Economy : Moïse meets with the private business sector
The Forum, which will have special guests Michael Porter and Daniel Isenberg, is expected to provide a response to the private sector vision articulated through the different documents produced by the latter, but also to be a means of discussing a business development strategy taking into account the recommendations already made.
The objectives pursued by the CFI are :
1. Take stock of the actions carried out since the 2012 General Conference on Investment (EGI);
2. To deepen reflections on the competitiveness of the country;
3. Discuss a realistic action plan for enterprise and investment development;
4. To discuss the proposed actions in the plan, by sectors and themes;
5. Launch the momentum for reforms through the creation of a monitoring secretariat for this plan;
6. Initiate the institutionalization of Public-Private Dialogue.
At this meeting, the Head of State outlined the main concerns of his administration in the areas of energy, surface water, infrastructure and housing.
Moïse in a structured and consensual partnership between the State and the private sector wants to take advantage of its five-year plan to put Haiti on the road to competitiveness by encouraging the creation of sustainable jobs for the development of the country.