Haiti - Education : Subject and modalities of the Contest of text on the battle of Vertières
Following the contest launched last Friday for high school students, on the occasion of the commemoration of the Battle of Verrières, November 18, 2017. http://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-22546-haiti-education-launch-of-the-text-contest-on-the-battle-of-vertieres.html the Ministry of Education has just made available the subject of the competition and its modalities
Let's remember that the objective of this contest is to raise the awareness of high school students to the symbolism of the Battle of Vertières and the dimension of the act of our ancestors and to reconnect with the tradition of the commemoration through activities likely to develop the spirit of solidarity and patriotism.
Subject and conditions of the Contest :
Subject proposed :
"Under the command of General-in-Chief Jean-Jacques Dessalines, the native army astonished the world on November 18, 1803. How to draw inspiration from the prowess of the battle of Vertières and the Dessalinian ideal to face the challenges face today by the Republic of Haiti ?"
"Sou lotorite jeneral an chèf Jean-Jacques Dessalines, Lame endijèn nan etone lemonn antye lan dat 18 novanm 1803. Kouman nou ka enspire de kokenn viktwa Vètyè a ak gwo lide Dessalines yo pou nou leve defi peyi d Ayiti ap fè fas jounen jodi a ?"
Terms of the contest :
- 1 - The candidate must submit a text in free writing, in manuscript or typed by computer (Format: 8 ½ x 11, Line spacing: 1.5, Font type: 12, Times New Roman ;
- 2 - The candidate must ensure respect for the chosen subject, the literary quality and the social scope of his text ;
- 3 - The text, written in Creole or in French, must not exceed 4 pages Format: 8 ½ x 11 inches ;
- 4 - The candidate must submit two copies of his text, in a yellow envelope to the departmental direction of his zone no later than 10 November 2017. In the first page, the candidate will make sure not to write anything on the back of the sheet mentioning his name, class and school;
- 5 - The copies of the text must bear the seal of the school attended by the candidate, with the mention on the back of the envelope " Concours de texte / Célébration du 214e anniversaire de la bataille de Vertières" The school assumes responsibility for the text produced by the student participating in the competition.
- 6 - When submitting copies of the text, the Departmental Direction will send a sealed receipt form to the candidate. ;
- 7 - 30 texts, at the rate of three texts by Departmental Direction of Education (DDE), will be selected by the jury which will determine after audition the final classification;
- 8 - The 30 finalists of the contest will each receive bonuses during the final ceremony of the contest and will be invited to participate in the commemoration of November 18 in Cap-Haitien and visit the Citadelle ;
- 9 - Participation is free.
See also :