Haiti - NOTICE : Extension of the call for candidacy for the Court of Cassation
Joseph Lambert, the President of the Senate, informs all those interested that in order to fill the vacant seats in the Court of Cassation and in order to promote equal opportunities for all candidates, the Senate decided to extend the deadline for submitting an application (originally scheduled for September 8 http://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-25404-haiti-news-zapping.html ), until September 21, 2018.
Criteria provided for by the Constitution and the law as well as the documents to be provided are :
- To be Haitian and never to have renounced his nationality;
- Be under 65 years old;
- Have spent at least 7 years as a Judge officiating at the Court of Appeal;
- Have practiced the profession of lawyer for at least 10 years;
- Birth certificate extract;
- Certificate of nationality;
- Certificate of criminal record;
- Certificate of good life and morals;
- Certificate of Final Tax Return;
- Certificate of Rental Tax Payments if the applicant owns a building;
- Certificate attesting that the person concerned has completed at least 7 years of experience as an officiated judge at the Court of Appeal;
- Certificate of discharge if the person concerned has been authorizing or accounting for public funds;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Certificates of Baccalaureate 1 and 2;
- Tax registration number and CIN;
- Passports (valid and invalid);
- Bachelor of Laws degree;
- Certificate of the Bar certifying that the person concerned practiced the profession of lawyer during the required time;
- 2 passport photos;
- Letter of motivation.
Candidates are invited to submit their application to the Secretariat General of the Senate, from the 12th to the 21st of September 2018, between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm.
NB: Applicants selected for the first 4 seats are not eligible to compete.