Haiti - Economy : Laurent Lamothe announces hundreds of millions for reconstruction
Mr. Lamothe recalled that the government was part of the dynamics of economic development and public/private partnerships." We expect a 10% growth in 2012" For his part, Wilson Laleau declared "Prepare a framework of strategic actions and modernize the business environment are the tasks on which my ministry work. We feel a new dynamic in the country, we must accompanied it."
At the press briefing of the PIAC, the Minister Lamothe dclared :
"...It is an honor to be with you, to tell you that things are better in Haiti [...] our GDP grew by 5.5% in 2011, and our growth forecast for 2012 is 10%. But there is plenty to do [...] we are working day and night on the development and growth of the economy [...] in 2012, the government will invest in various projects aimed at improving infrastructure, the education and reconstruction [...] the airport of Port-au-Prince and Cap Haitien are ongoing and we started with the airport of Jacmel and Les Cayes.
We will provide better management with the funds available for Haiti. Canada is committed for an aid of more than $1 billion over 10 years at 100 million per year.
We will invest more than $ 200 million Fund PetroCaribe with more than 40 million in basic infrastructure in the city of Jacmel, in roads, in the management of rubbish, in tourism infrastructure.
100 million will be invested in free education that will benefit more than 1.5 million children between 6 and 12 years in Haiti.
72 million will go to the construction of the governmental city and the social inclusion policy of the President Martelly. We will develop and promote various programs of promotion of the Haitian women, as the program "Ti manman cheri" that will benefit more than 100,000 Haitian mothers and the program "Aba grangou" that will benefit 100,000 additional mothers, a total of 200,000 mothers will find assistance in the government's social inclusion policy.
The construction of a new industrial park, signed for more than 20 million, will be launched in the north of Port-au-Prince.
We work for the PIAC will land and is well suited for the near future of Haiti [...] for this economic growth, on January 30 will work with the private sector, the insurance sector, the business sector [...] on the ownership, a law which certainly will contribute to economic growth [...]"
"After the Investment Forum held in Haiti in November 2011, it was important for the PIAC to show that Haiti began 2012 on concrete perspectives for development, investment and confidence in the future," said Jean Karl Louis, Executive Director of the PIAC.
"I can say loud and clear that the principle of public-private partnership is expected to be the basis on which should be based the future economic and social development," said Hervé Denis, President of the CCIH. A private sector that has presented a set of important projects, holders of modernity and job creators to be chieved between 2012 and 2014.
Partial list of projects :
- Geo Wiener SA (Commercialization of cocoa)
Agro industry :
- Caribbean grain (Cereal production)
- Global (Construction of an office big-box store)
- Office 1 international (franchises)
- Gama entreprises (Plant of building materials)
- Tempo Construction
- Confener SA (Renewable energy)
- Leopard Capital Investment Fund (phase 1)
- Haiti building society SA
- Cemex SA ($7 million in the expansion of its operations to create hundreds of jobs)
- Carabimmo SA (Best Western Premier - investment of more than 12 million)
- MAC SA (Visa Lodge phase 2)
- San Yakino SA (Projet Port Yakino [phase 1] - major tourism development project in the Island of the Grosse Cayes)
- SCIOP SA (Project Royal Oasis)
- SIF SA (El Rancho - 6-8 millions) http://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-4211-haiti-tourism-an-overview-of-tourism-development-in-haiti.html
- Win group (Hôtel des artistes - 47 millions) http://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-4377-haiti-economy-signing-of-the-agreement-for-the-construction-of-hotel-of-the-international-airport.html