Haiti - Reconstruction : Multilateral Summit Haiti-Cuba-Venezuela-Argentina
Among the guests of the Government of Haiti, came to participate in multilateral Summit-Argentina-Venezuela Haiti-Cuba, the Minister of Communications has reported a long list of personalities among others: Temir Porras Vice-Minister of Venezuela, Luis Rivas PDVCaribe Director, Pedro Antonio Canino Venezuelan Ambassador, Ambassador Ricardo Sotero Napoles of Cuba, Ambassador Marcelo Sebaste of Argentina, Ambassador of Argentina Diego Boriosi and MM. Raul Licausi, and Luiz Jose Quijada of Venezuela.
According to Mr. Ady Jean Gardy, during this summit multilateral, a number of commitments that deserve constant monitoring, will be on the agenda, citing among other things :
1) The Petro-Caribe Agreement: to increase the quota of barrels of oil per day from 14,000 to 20,000, which means $ 100 million more per year in the fund Petro Caribe. Venezuela has agreed to provide to Haiti a better quality of diesel fuel which contains only 0.02% of sulfur instead of 0.05%.
2) An environmental agreement with a pilot project in Jacmel in the area of deforestation. Venezuela has sent to Haiti in 2012 over 50,000 trees and 200,000 propane gas tanks;
3) An agreement on energy: the capacity of power plants of Cap Haitien will increase, of 13Mw to 30MW, a project of the Venezuelan Government for a duration of 8 to 12 months before being effective;
4) An agreement on agriculture: with the creation of a fund to buy Haitian peasants' crops and export them toward all Latin America;
5) An agreement of social nature : some of the Petro Caribe Fund money will be used for the implementation of projects aimed at developing popular neighborhoods;
6) A trade agreement with the installation in Haiti of stores selling electrical appliances imported from China, and redistributed in Haiti with subsidies for small grants;
7) An agreement Politics and Administrative with the creation of a Joint Commission, to manage all cooperation projects Haitiano-Venezuelan.
According to Prime Minister Laurent Lamothe, an agreement will be signed between Haiti, Cuba, Argentina and Venezuela for further strengthen the cooperation in the region relatively to our country.
See also :