Haiti - Education : 365 doors opened on the technological information revolution...
The conference theme this year is "365 doors opened on the technological information revolution. economic, cultural, social and political impacts." Over 300 participants from 28 Caribbean countries, will participate. It will also be the opportunity for those invited to discover a Haiti different from that presented in some international media.
"We’ve collaborated to provide a significant learning space to facilitate new knowledge acquisition and ability development as members of the acurilean professional community. This conference will be a space of enrichment for all ACURIL members and to the information professionals of the Caribbean atending this forty-second conference.
This event will host key conferences, seminars, workshops and poster presentations about the information industry with major updates to ensure the training objective is reached. The local organizing committee will do their best to make your stay in Haiti memorable.
Let’s share our experiences and enjoy from this learning environment and as well as the discovery of our beloved Haiti" explained Ms. Françoise Beaulieu Thybullen President of the ACURIL which clarified that the resolutions, from the 42nd Conference, will apply to all Caribbean countries.
Learn more about the ACURIL :
Established in 1969, the Association of Caribbean University, Research an Institutional Libraries (ACURIL) is a diverse and multi-cultural association. It brings together information professionals from the English, French, Spanish and Dutch speaking areas in the Caribbean region, to share professional experiences in the field, and to contribute proactively to a broad spectrum of intellectual and educational endeavors.
What does ACURIL do ?
- Provides a forum for meeting, interaction and discussion of information professional
- Promotes cooperative activities including the sharing of information resources
- Provides an environment for scholarly interaction, stimulating research and publication activities
- Hosts continuing education programmes e.g. hosts an annual conference, generally held in May/June
- Unites information Professionals divided by language barriers
- Increases knowledge of library and other information units services in the region
- Affiliates with other professional Associations