Haiti - Social : Promote the citizen, patriotic and civic virtues
For the Ministry, this celebration of the 210th anniversary of the founding of our bicolor, aims, firstly, to promote the civic, cultural heritage and patriotic values and secondly, educate young people about the relationship between social responsibility and environment in the context of the year of environment 2013, decreed by the Government.
Preliminary program of activities:
Thursday, May 16, 2013:
This day aims to encourage young people to reflect on various problems they face in their communities and build bridges toward solutions to these problems around the old traditions by focusing on the essence of modern psychology and lessons learned from the events of 18 May 1803.
- Debates on Issues of Citizenship and of the Haitian Youth (at the Plaza Hotel, Champ de Mars) Panel of 5 personalities where will intervene representatives of different schools of the capital with a panel
- Reforestation day in Cabaret, together with the Ministry of Agriculture, under the theme "Green Youth". Schoolchildren from Arcahaie and Cabaret, will conduct the planting of seedlings. Brigadiers of civic action, Scouts and Forest guards of the Ministry of Environment, will provide the guidance and supervision of the event.
Friday, May 17, 2013 :
The objective of this day is to demonstrate the importance of discipline, athletics, civic action and cultural traditions.
- The "Marathon of Bicolor" organized in conjunction with the Olympic Committee will take its departure to the Town Hall of Petion Ville, arrival on the Catherine Flon Place (Champ de Mars). Participation of cyclists, runners and other athletes with the help of various sports federations. Logistics and management of the path will be provided by the brigadiers of Civic Action, Scouts and the National Police.
- "Flag Festival" during which take place demonstrations in various disciplines including: Football, Basketball, Handball, Baseball, Judo, Karate...;
- Tournament of traditional entertainment with street children of the Champ de Mars (bones, balls, hoops, hopscotch etc...) Performing traditional dances around the history of the flag by cultural groups.
- Awards ceremony to the winners of Marathon of Bicolor.
Saturday, May 18, 2013 :
The objective of this day aims to promote citizen virtues, patriotic and civic with an emphasis on the symbolic dimension of the history of the flag and the importance of community values.
- "Traditional Parade" with parades of young people of schools of Cabaret, of Brigadiers of Civic Action, Scouts, athletes, cultural groups etc...; Street show with Art ti moun ; Traditional performance, together with the Ministry of Culture, around the history of Flag by cultural groups among others : AFE, Chaka Danse,together with the Ministry of Culture ; Fanfare of 300 children from different schools and the presence of all the universities that will be each represented for these commemoration by two students on the official box ;
- Football match at the Stade Sylvio Cator [U17 and the winner team of Championship of Neighborhood] ; Opening Show: Parade Flag and Cheerleaders Show ; Show by two local groups ; Shots on Goal contest with children within the public after a draw ; Closing of ceremony with Awards by Olivier Martelly.