Haiti - Politic : Installation of the new Minister of Haitians Living Abroad
In his speech the Prime Minister Paul declared "[...] I am convinced that Mr. Labrousse will manage to give this institution, the radiation it deserves and the place it should occupy among the true development actors in Haiti.
By entrusting him the leadership of the Ministry, the President of the Republic, His Excellency Mr. Michel Joseph Martelly, and I had in mind the well-being of our compatriots in the Diaspora and the establishment of a public service of quelity. And we know that Mr. Labrousse is able to excel in achieving these objectives.
I urge the civil servants of MHAVE to work closely with the new owner who will need their support for better understanding his mission at the head of the ministry designed to take care of our millions of compatriots living abroad [...]
In the name of the principle of the continuity of the State associated with the priorities established by the Administration Martelly-Paul, I encourage you to adopt the Roadmap that was sent to your predecessor, the latter summarize as follows :
1. Preparation of the white paper of the Haitian diaspora;
2. Setting up a database to identify the executive of the diaspora willing to put at the service of country;
3. Census of the Diaspora;
4. Rigorous operation of border markets throughout the Haitian part;
5. Promoting a close relationship between the Ministry and the Diaspora;
6. Development of effective cooperation between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Haitians Living Abroad;
7. Implementation of co-development projects with Haitian communities overseas;
8. Implementation of Diaspora awareness campaign projects;"
In his remarks for the occasion, the Minister Labrousse [which replaces to this position Olicier Pieriche] stated "[...] I will be a minister of consultation, dialogue and openness. We all know that the mission of MHAVE is to allow Haitians living abroad to maintain the filial relationship with the mother-Patrie. Roots, attachment, link, affiliation, these words refer to the same concept, the unity of being Haitian, whether inside or abroad !
My appointment to this position is done in a clear spirit of continuity of the President of the Republic. In agreement with his Prime Minister, and in the same way that all major obligations they face, they intend that the fate of the Haitian Diaspora is a daily concern internally. Our task, and I thank my predecessors, is therefore clearly defined [...]
1. Provide a National Identification Card those Haitians living abroad who want;
2. Giving Haitians living abroad the right to vote in elections in Haiti;
3. Enabling Haitians living abroad to elect their representatives in the Senate and the Chamber of Deputies;
4. Establish a host structure for the most disadvantaged"
The new Minister said he was confident in conclusion that the mother country must know thoroughly embrace his daughters and his son from abroad.
Learn more about Robert Labrousse :
Former Secretary of State for External Cooperation, Robert Labrousse born in Saint-Marc, is a well-known entrepreneur in the private sector. This businessman has for long aligned his life with social awareness and has been an active contributor to various organizations providing services to economically disadvantage citizens. He was Vice-President of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Haiti (CHIC) and is the treasurer and founding member of the Foundation rose et blanc, alongside President Michel Martelly and his wife Sophia St Rémy Martelly.
See also :
HL/ S/ HaitiLibre
Why HaitiLibre ? |
Contact us |
Copyright © 2010 - 2023