Haiti - Education : New school year 2015-2016 in figures
While nearly 3 million students have taken up the way to school as of this Monday, September 7, according Nesmy Manigat, the Minister of National Education, let's back on the measures deployed by the government to make this new school year and this new academic year (2015-2016) a success.
- Distribution of 10,000 programs in all institutions with preschool classes ;
- Distribution of 3,041,283 school books including 2 069 251 with subsidy (70% discount), 972,032 in staffing and 500 million Gourdes allocated ;
- Distribution of 400,000 school kits ;
- 700,000 children will benefit from school feeding program ;
- Distribution of the programs of Secondary renovated (S1) in over 2300 institutions. (200 public and 2,033 private) concerning approximately 170,000 students.
- Distribution of 21,000 school identification cards (CIE) in establishments identified in 2014 ;
- Extension of the CIE to Normal Schools of Teachers (ENI) ;
- Financing the reconstruction of the École Normale Supérieure ;
- Express payment in 7 days of all private schools in PSUGO in good standing by a device called PSUGO Express.
- 70,000 Temporary Permit to Teach (PPE) being distributed to teachers ;
- Establishment of the National Register of students in October 2015 and the allocation of a student identification number (NIE) to each student in the system.
In terms of teacher Condition :
- Titularization of 500 teachers from September 2015 ;
- Regularization of 3,000 teachers for the year 2015-2016 ;
- Titularization of 4,000 teachers under 2014-2015 ;
- 5,000 health insurance cards available at OFATMA (card available for any applicant with documents submitted in 15 days) ;
- The Teachers Advantage Card, linked to the PPE is made available, 5 companies already provide benefits to cardholders.
- 2 million hours of training financed/people ;
- 5,300 secondary 1 school teachers will be trained in new program;
- 800 teachers will be trained in New Preschool Curriculum ;
- 2,500 trainers of trainers will be trained during the academic year ;
- Educational Television Radio programs are available to teachers.
On the numeric plan :
- Distribution 250 Digital Interactive Boards (TNI) in the public secondary ;
- Distribution of 750 TNI in the fundamental ;
- 39 Fundamental School of Application Centre of Pedagogical Support (EFACAP), equipped with digital training devices ;
- Distribution 25,000 digital tablets in the secondary ;
- 5,300 teachers of the renovated secondary will receive a tablet equipped with teaching aid ;
- 40 high schools are equipped with a device 2.0 Classes;
- 10 ENI are equipped with digital device.
In terms of infrastructure :
- 40 new classrooms at the preschool level in the public sector are open (2015-2016) ;
- 360 new classrooms at fundamental level in the public sector are open (2015-2016)
- At least 15 new high schools to be inaugurated at the secondary level (2015-2016).
In terms of security :
- 4450 brigadiers deployed in the metropolitan area to help younger students to cross streets ;
- Strengthening security every night this week (every individual who disturb this new school year will be apprehended) ;
- Ban on truck owners and drivers to circulate in the metropolitan area of Port-au-Prince from 5:00 to 9:00 am and from 3:00 to 6:00 in the afternoon.
- Mobilisation of the traffic police to facilitate the transportation of students ;
- 276 school bus transportation (including 45 new) of the Diyiti company, will be deployed in the territory to transport students for free.