|Click to download the official draft of the new Constitution (September 2021)|
Haiti - FLASH : G8 already challenge the crisis exit agreement
The group of candidates to the Presidency G8 member states having learned "through the press, the signature of an alleged agreement between President Michel Joseph Martelly, the Senator and Deputy Jocelerme Privert and Cholzer Chancy acting on behalf of Parliament, which is part of the problem.
The G-8 note that this alleged agreement attempts to validate the 2015 elections as if they were regular, regardless of popular protests that resulted in numerous casualties within theprotest people and breakages at the society. This is a provocation, an unacceptable disregard by the signatories of the alleged agreement for popular and peasant masses and the middle classes.
[...] The G-8 renews its proposal to end the crisis through the Court of Cassation and challenged the proposal of President Michel Joseph Martelly, Senator Jocelerme Privert and of Cholzer Chancy for the following reasons :
1. The Parliament is part of the crisis and can not, consequently, decide the solution;
2. This alleged agreement is the position of a fringe of the International supported by the ruling classes and their servants;
3. This alleged agreement attempts to validate smoothly the 2015 elections without any regard for the people protest;
4. This alleged agreement does not symbolize any hope for popular and peasant masses nor for the middle class;
5. This alleged agreement does not take into account the general consensus reached in society to entrust power to the Court of Cassation that has always shown disinterest in political office and has always played a positive role in the resolution of political crisis;
6. This alleged agreement seeks to postpone a crisis that must be solved rather;
7. This alleged agreement was reached at the time of former soldiers are deployed by the government to block the democratic impulses of the Haitian people. The signatories of this alleged agreement approve this tactic while ignoring in their proposal a so serious event just occurred on the day of their agreement;
8. This alleged agreement tends to reward the incumbent government guilty of embezzlement of public funds in favor of government candidates in these elections;
9. The presidents of the two chambers can not engage the assemblies without a prior majority vote;
10. Political agreements between the powers, executive and legislative, are not provided by the Constitution"