Haiti - FLASH : Call for candidacy for the position of President of the Republic a.i.
As part of the political agreement signed for institutional continuity Saturday, February 6, 2016 https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-16533-haiti-politic-the-details-of-the-agreement-from-a-to-z.html the special bicameral commission responsible for preparing the election of the provisional President of the Republic of Haiti https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-16557-haiti-politic-towards-the-call-for-candidates-for-a-temporary-president.html launches a call for candidates for the post of provisional President of the Republic, to fill the vacuum left by the departure from power of President Michel Joseph Martelly on February 7.
Interested are requested to present themselves at Haitian Parliament, from Wednesday, February 10, 2016 from 11:00 a.m. to Friday, February 12th 11:00 a.m., with the following documents :
- 1) A photocopy of the National Identification Card (CIN) ;
- 2) A photocopy of the tax ID (NIF) ;
- 3) A copy of the birth certificate or if failing that an extract of the archives of the said act ;
- 4) A resume ;
- 5) A certified copy of the title deed showing that the presidential candidate owns at least one building in the country ;
- 6) A certificate of the Immigration Service and Immigration stating that the candidate has no foreign nationality ;
- 7) A certificate of good conduct and morals issued by the justice of the peace of the commune in which the candidate resides, to which is attached a certificate of registry from first instance court from his place of residence stating that there, no penal proceedings against him leading up to a afflictive penalty and infamous ;
- 8) 2 passport size identity photos with the full name of the candidate on the back ;
- 9) The discharge of his management if the candidate has been handling public funds.
10) Proof of residence or domicile signed and issued by the Justice of the Peace of the place of residence ;
11) An information sheet issued by the special bicameral commission ;
12) The attestations that justify regular payment of tax charges under the laws and regulations in force for five (5) years ;
13) For parliamentarians in office, the election certificate is also required ;
14) A receipt of five hundred thousand (500,000) gourdes whose amount will be paid to the Directorate General of Taxes (DGI) and paid into the account of the State University of Haiti ;
15) An attestation of endorsement of a political party or group having at least one elected to Parliament.
Candidate Profile :
- Being Haitian of origin, have never renounced his nationality and not hold any other nationality at the time of registration ;
- Be at least 35 years of age on the election day ;
- Enjoy civil and political rights and never have been sentenced to a afflictive penalty and infamous become final for crime of common right ;
- Be owner in Haiti of at least one building, practice a profession or have an industry in the country and have an usual residence ;
- Reside in the country for at least five years preceding the date of enrollment in the next election ;
- Fulfill his duties as citizens in accordance with Article 52.1 of the 1987 Constitution amended.
Furthermore Joseph Lambert denies rumors that he would run for President of Haiti a.i.