Haiti - Telecommunications : First successful international transmission - HaitiLibre.com : Haiti news 7/7
New revised school calendar 2022-2023 (Official)





iciHaiti - Norceca Pan-American Cup Volleyball : Victory against Nicaragua, our grenadiers qualified in the 1/4 finals

iciHaiti - Prix Goncourt 2022 : The Haitian novelist Makenzy Orcel in the 2nd selection

iciHaiti - Cholera : Entry ban on cooked food from Haiti on the Dajabón market

iciHaiti - Norceca Pan-American Cup : Double failure for Haitian volleyball players

iciHaiti - Transfer in dollars : The BRH temporarily suspends two provisions of Circular 114-3


more news


Haiti - News : Zapping...

Haiti - Diaspora Covid-19 : Daily Bulletin #929

Haiti - Social : Haitian migrants in the world face difficult situations

Haiti - 2022 World Cup : Our amputee grenadiers crush the USA [6-2] and qualify for the 1/4 finals (video)

Haiti - FLASH : Address the Nation, the PM appeals for help (Video)


more news


Haiti - Telecommunications : First successful international transmission
04/01/2011 12:11:54

Haiti - Telecommunications : First successful international transmission
Vietnamese Viettel company, announced in a statement that its subsidiary in Haiti, "Natcom" [formerly Teleco], was successfully completed in late December 2010, its first international transmission of voice, between Haiti and Vietnam on its new mobile network, built according the international standards.

4 months after beginning work for the deployment of its cellular network GSM / 3G [starting from Zero], 5 BTS (Base Transceiver Stations) are operational. Parallel to the construction of its mobile network, the Natcom is working to the replacement and the reconstruction of the national lines, partially destroyed and obsolete to provide domestic telephone services, ultra-modern, including Internet access to DSL broadband.

The Natcom, also announced to have successfully completed, domestic test calls over both its new fixed fibre-optic and mobile networks. The Natcom network, is not yet interconnected with telecommunication operators in Haiti, the company expects to have completed the installation of 1,000 BTS of its mobile network, which should be done in the course of 2011.

Background:
In April 2010, the Vietnamese Viettel Company, a subsidiary of the Vietnamese army, had acquired 60% of the shares of Teleco, creating the company Natcom in partnership with the Bank of the Republic of Haiti (BRH), which owns the other 40%.

BF/ HaitiLibre

Twitter Facebook Rss
Send news to... Daily news...




Why HaitiLibre ? | Contact us | Français
Copyright © 2010 - 2022
Haitilibre.com