|Download the School calendar 2023-2024 (Official)|
Haiti - Politics : Foreign Affairs Roadmap
Roadmap of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs :
"Mr. Minister, in the implementation of my Government's policy, I entrust you with the task of carrying out the necessary reforms to the rehabilitation of our diplomatic missions and the external services of the State at all levels."
In this perspective, I ask you:
- To conduct an external policy which favors the attainment of the priority objectives of the Nation;
- To organize rigorous recruitment competitions for diplomatic and consular staff;
- To consolidate diplomatic representations according to the superior interests of the Nation;
- To consolidate the circles of friendship and solidarity, upgrade the North-South and South-South cooperation axes and improve the visibility of Haiti on the international scene;
- To invigorate and strengthen Haiti's place in international and multilateral organizations;
- To build with our partners research and training programs in the fields of organic farming, biotechnology, health and education;
- To make our embassies and consulates real agents of marketing and promotion of the cultural, artistic and local products of the country;
- To assess and take into account in the course of the diplomatic staff's career the Foreign Direct Investment Rate (TIDE) or the market whose each diplomatic mission allows Haitian companies to benefit abroad;
- To take all necessary steps in support of the competent ministries in conjunction with the Dominican authorities with a view to reaching the conclusion of a comprehensive agreement for the development of peaceful and equitable economic and trade relations between the two countries;
- To find innovative strategies to deal with migration and border issues;
- To have peaceful relations with the Dominican Republic while cleverly and firmly defending the Haitians who are in Dominican territory;
- To take measures, together with the competent bodies, to guarantee the freedom of belief and the proper functioning of cultural spaces in accordance with the laws of the Republic, traditions and public peace.
I ask you to start preparing the 2017-2018 Budget, which will have to be approved by the Council of Ministers, after arbitration by the Ministry of the Economy and Finance, and filed within the required legal timeframe in Parliament.
You will also have the task of increasing transparency, the fight against corruption and the good management of public property. It will be up to you to organize, to direct and animate the services, teams and agents of the State placed under your responsibility.
Jack Guy Lafontant, Prime Minister"
See also :