Haiti - FLASH : Regularization of Haitians blocked in Mexico
The Embassy of the Republic of Haiti in Mexico City, informs the Haitian Community living in Tijuana/Mexicali that in the framework of the regularization of Haitians in Mexico, the Secretariat of Foreign Relations of Mexico and the Embassy of Haiti in Mexico, organize an awareness-raising and orientation mission for Haitian migrants, on Monday 15 May from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm at the local of the Mexican immigration office located at "PISO 2 Palacio Federal Centro Civico".
The Embassy of Haiti recalls that there are two regularization possibilities for compatriots stranded in Tijuana on the Mexican-American border:
1) Wisitor with a renewable one-year residence permit, a fast granting formality and all Haitians in this situation can apply to Mexican migration;
2) Permanent residence in coordination with the "Comisión Mexicana de Ayuda" (COMAR), which can be accepted or refused and which requires a series of pre-requisites from the applicant.
Note that these two procedures apply only to citizens already in the border area, not those who intend to come to Mexico. The deadline is September 1, 2017. After that date, no Haitian living in Tijuana / Mexicalli will be able to benefit from these facilities.
In addition, the Embassy of Haiti reminds the Haitians of Tijuana / Mexicali who wish to carry out their passport formality to bring the following documents :
1) 2 passport photos;
2) Photocopy passport, Haitian electoral card or Haitian driver's license;
3) Original residence card Brazil;
4) 100 US Dollars or 1,900 Mexican Pesos, or proof of deposit of 100 US Dollars to the Scotia Bank Dollar Account of "Embajada de haiti No 00107266545"
See also :