Haiti - Culture : 2nd European tour of the walking band «Follow Jah»
Program of the European tour :
- Saturday, June 30: Les Rutilants Festival in Oignies (France)
- Sunday 1st to 6th July: Stop in Brussels (Belgium)
- Saturday 7 and Sunday 8 July: Africa Festival in Hertme (Netherlands)
- From Thursday 12 to Saturday 14 July: City Festival in Lausanne (Switzerland)
- From Monday 16th to Sunday 22nd: Residence in Largentière (France)
- Friday 27-July: Samba al Pais in Saint Antonin Noble Val (FR)
The group will also benefit from its tour to continue the creative work started with La Nouvelle Flibuste, Belgian fanfare that he had hosted in Haiti in 2017, during a residency scheduled for July 16 to 22 in the village of Largentière (France).
Finally, the walking band "Follow Jah" launches a music for the summer of 2018: "Plezi vakans".
On his return, the band will immediately follow with the first preparations for the Carnival 2019 for which it already has some surprises.
Learn more about "Follow Jah" :
Founded in Pétion-ville in 2001, supervised by the Caracoli association since 2010, the Follow Jah walking band multiplies their experiences of all kinds to explore the possibilities of the genre: animation for festivals, stage show, workshop for young public, collaboration with an American jazz saxophonist, a Malian DJ or a big band from Belgium!
At the same time, the Group's international development is made possible thanks to a partnership with the French agency "Africa in the Ears", which represents the Group in Europe and the support of institutions such as for this year, the Konèsans e Libète Foundation (FOKAL) as well as the Civil Society for the Administration of the Rights of Artists and Performing Musicians (ADAMI), French organization of collective management of the rights of performers.