Haiti - NOTICE : Advise and advisories for Canadian Travelers
"Violent protests have been taking place across the country since February 7, 2019. Burning barricades are disrupting traffic in the main streets of Port-au-Prince. Clashes have resulted in casualties.
- Limit your movements
- Avoid crossing road blockades, even if they appear unattended
- Plan to have adequate water and food supplies
- Contact your airline or tour operator to determine if the situation will disrupt your travel plans
Even peaceful demonstrations can turn violent at any time. They can also lead to disruptions to traffic and public transportation.
- Avoid areas where demonstrations and large gatherings are taking place
- Follow the instructions of local authorities
- Monitor local media for information on ongoing demonstrations"