|Click to download the official draft of the new Constitution (September 2021)|
Haiti - FLASH : President Moïse declares a state of health emergency (text of the Order)
Text of the Presidential Order :
Considering the arrival of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on the national territory;
Considering that there is an urgent need to take all necessary measures to protect the life and health of the population
And after deliberation in the Council of Ministers
Article 1 - The state of health emergency is declared throughout the national territory for a period of one (1) month from the publication of this order.
To this end, the following measures are adopted :
1) Schools, industrial parks, peristyles or Vodou temples, churches, mosques and all other places of worship generally any, international airports, land and sea borders remain closed until further notice;
2) The Government will make the appropriate arrangements to provide hospitals with masks, gloves, medicines, fluids and all other necessary medical supplies;
3) Hospitals and private clinics make their isolation services available to the State;
4) Citizens are asked to stay at home or limit their trips to what is strictly necessary;
5) Individuals coming from risk areas will be automatically placed in quarantine for a period of (14) fourteen days;
6) The owners of private property and structures, possibly requisitioned by the State, to rescue the population, will be fairly compensated.
The public force is mobilized to enforce these measures.
Articles 2.- This decree will be printed, published and executed at the behest of the Prime Minister and all the ministers, each as far as it is concerned.
Given at the National Palace, in Port-au-Prince, on March 19, 2020, Year 217 of Independence. "
See also :