Haiti - Politic : Exceptional measures to reduce staff in the public administration
As part of circular #1 of March 25, relating to the execution of the decree of May 19 declaring a state of health emergency throughout the national territory for a period of one month https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-30827-haiti-covid-19-the-state-of-health-emergency-extended-by-2-months.html and to the decree of May 20, 2020 setting the General Protection Rules for Population in case of Pandemic/Epidemic https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-30843-haiti-flash-presidential-decree-setting-the-general-rules-for-protecting-the-population-from-covid-19.html renewing the state of health emergency for a period of two months, Prime Minister Jouthe informs of the adoption on June 1 of the following exceptional measure s:
The heads of public institutions immediately take the necessary measures to accommodate in the office, on a rotation basis, a limited staff, not exceeding 20% of the workforce, essential for the operation of essential services.
- The heads of public institutions immediately take the necessary measures to welcome to the office, on a rotation basis, a limited staff, not exceeding 20% of the workforce, essential for the operation of essential services.
- All services which do not affect the regular functioning of an institution are kept closed.
- The following staff are exempt from reporting to the office:
- pregnant women ;
- public officials over the age of 60;
- public officials suffering from pathology, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma, and all public officials with a medical history that may worsen their state of health in the event of Covid-19 infection;
- public officials presenting symptoms which can be assimilated to Covid-19, until the establishment of a negative test.
- Remote working is encouraged as much as possible, by telephone or any other means of communication.
- The Ministry of the Interior disinfects all offices and public spaces.
- These measures are valid for a period of one month and can be reinforced, canceled or extended, if necessary, after assessment of the situation.
The Ministers, the Secretaries of State, the Directors General and all other officials of the Public Administration will work to the application of these measures, each as far as they are concerned.
See also :