|Click to download the official draft of the new Constitution (September 2021)|
Haiti - FLASH : Student scam alert
The incentive :
1. They claim to want to recruit students and offer a fake job profile.
2. They ask for CVs from the institution or from students.
3. They promise a salary and other conditions (housing, transport, food, etc...) that are very attractive.
4. Once the CVs have been received, they call the students directly to make an appointment with them (by phone or by Whatsapp).
Note : They only communicate by phone or Whatsapp and never come for appointments they set.
1. They have some excuse for asking job applicants for money before offering them an interview for the so-called job.
2. The money must be transferred through MonCash.
Any job posting that requires prior money transfer is a scam.
There is absolutely no reason for a real employer to ask a candidate for money for an interview or a job, whatever the reason.
We therefore ask students to be very vigilant. If in doubt, do not hesitate to contact the management of your institution.
Any information enabling these people to be identified is also welcome.