|Click to download the official draft of the new Constitution (September 2021)|
Haiti - FLASH : 1000 scholarships for the benefit of young Haitians
The signing of this agreement between FNE and CORPUHA marks the start of an important collaboration between the government and the private university sector. It intervenes in a difficult socio-economic context : many students have had to close their files for lack of financial means.
In response to this situation, the Ministry of National Education and Vocational Training (MENFP), through the FNE, decided to establish a cooperation with the private higher education sector. The goal is to facilitate the entry into the university of a thousand talented young people from vulnerable socio-economic backgrounds across the ten departments of the country. These scholarships will be awarded according to social criteria (economic situation of the beneficiaries) and academic excellence, among others.
Applications for admissions will be launched by CORPUHA, together with the departmental directorates of MENFP and the FNE, towards the end of October 2020. Applicants will have the opportunity to study in one of the 18 university centers part of CORPUHA. This includes, in particular :
- Quisqueya University;
- the University of Notre Dame of Haiti;
- the Autonomous University of Port-au-Prince;
- the Episcopal University of Haiti (UNEPH);
- The Higher School of Infotronics of Haiti (ESIH);
- the Institute of Higher Commercial and Economic Studies (IHECE);
- the University of Port-au-Prince;
- the Caribbean University (UC);
- the University Institute of Educational Sciences (IUSE / CREFI);
- the University of the Renaissance of Haiti (URH);
- GOC University.
This program, which is estimated at 360 million gourdes, will be financed - within the framework of the public / private partnership agreement - by the 2 parties up to 50% each. Ie 180 million gourdes which will be paid annually in installments of 45 million gourdes.
Candidates interested in the program are encouraged to inquire with CORPUHA and its member institutions, spread across the ten geographic departments of the country.