Haiti - Elections : 80 aspiring women candidates for the next elections in training
From December 13 to 18, 2020, at the Hotel le Plaza (Champs de Mars), 80 aspiring women candidates for the next elections, from the 10 departments of the country follow a 5-day training workshop on woman political leadership.
This training is funded by the Government of Canada and supported by UN Women Haiti in conjunction with the Ministry for the Status of Women.
The implementation of this workshop is provided by the firm Politicotech
Objectives targeted by this training :
- Mobilize women to become agents of change themselves;
- Promote greater participation of women in political life as leaders or leaders;
- Get the cohort to take into account the need to ensure the full participation of women in political life;
- Give women the tools to have leadership skills in terms of self-confidence, to gain influence and to have the ability to listen and benevolence to handle complicated situations.
Course content :
- Democratic challenges and perspectives;
- Personal branding;
- Resilience and fight against gender-based violence in an electoral context (electoral violence);
- Community management;
- Haitian electoral system;
- Managing relations with the press in an electoral context;
- Organization and management of electoral campaign;
- How to finance, run and support an electoral campaign;
- Capacity building for women in politics;
- Inclusion for a true democratic dialogue;
- Sustainable development.
This first cohort of 80 women will be followed by a whole series of other cohorts of aspiring women candidates in the next elections.