Haiti Army : Establishment of the Bureau of General Officers (BOG) at the Ministry of Defense
Article 18 of the decree specifies that the Bureau of General Officers (BOG) is "a structure composed of active or retired General Officers, placed under the direct authority of the Minister. Its mission is to advise the latter on all matters of defense interest." As such, the BOG is empowered to make proposals, suggestions and recommendations and submit technical opinions to the Minister in matters of defense and security.
Chaired by Minister Dorneval, this first meeting of the BOG brought together the following generals :
1) Hérard ABRAHAM: retired lieutenant-general, former commander-in-chief of the FAd'H, former Minister of Foreign Affairs and Worship, former Minister of the Interior and National Defense;
2) Prosper AVRIL: retired lieutenant-general, former Haitian head of state (September 17, 1989 March 10, 1990;
3) Mondésir BEAUBRUN: retired brigadier general, former Minister of the Interior and National Defense;
4) Pierre H. CHERUBIN: retired brigadier general, former member of the FAd'H high staff;
5) Gérard LACRETE: retired major-general, former member of the FAd'H staff;
6) Jodel LESSAGE: lieutenant-general, commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces of Haiti;
7) Fritz ROMULUS: retired brigadier general, Armed Forces of Haiti;
8) Acédius SAINT-LOUIS: retired brigadier general, former commander of the Leopards Camp of the FAd'H, former Minister of the Interior and National Defense.
The members of the Bureau of General Officers welcomed the establishment of this structure. They say they are ready to collaborate with the Ministry of Defense in accordance with the wishes of the law and register their participation in this structure as a call of duty from which they cannot shirk.
The establishment of the BOO represents an important step in the regular functioning of the Ministry of Defense.
It is important to stress that the current functioning of the BOG is part of Minister Dorneval's determination to strengthen the structures of the Ministry of Defense. Long before the BOG, the following structures were set up:
These organs and structures, together with the Armed Forces of Haiti (FAd'H), will enable the Ministry of Defense to better respond to its constitutional mission.
Why HaitiLibre ? |
Contact us |
Copyright © 2010 - 2023