Haiti - FLASH : Reinforced state of alert, restrictions and Anti-Covid measures
On Wednesday, June 2, the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) expressed concern at the large increase in the number of cases and deaths due to covid-19 : 1,875 new cases and to 56 deaths for the first 29 days of the month. of May 2021 against 252 new cases and 6 deaths the previous month for the same period.
Faced with this situation, the Government renewed for 15 days the state of health emergency throughout the national territory https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-33870-haiti-covid-state-of-health-emergency-renewed-for-15-days.html passing the country, in the words of the Minister of Health, Dr Marie Gréta Roy Clément "from a state of alert to a state of reinforced alert".
On the same day, Prime Minister Claude Joseph led a Council of Government of more than two in the presence of 19 ministers and 6 secretaries of state in order to enforce the barrier measures and restrictions related to the state of health emergency
General measures :
- Wearing a mask is compulsory in all places frequented by the population, including public transport;
- Installation of compulsory hand washing points in all public and private buildings;
- Temperature taking compulsory in all private and public institutions, in particular financial institutions, places of worship, schools, universities, hospitals, health centers, offices and in all points of embarkation and disembarkation of passengers;
- Distance of at least 1.50m between all people not living under the same roof;
- 50% reduction in normal capacity and homework encouraged for all staff working in public and private institutions;
- Traditional hugs, hugs and other affectionate gestures are prohibited;
- Curfew maintained from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m.
- Classrooms will be closed from June 4, 2021, except for the classes concerned by the official exams;
- Ban on graduations, end of year celebrations and recreational days until further notice. There will be no exceptions in the application of decisions, no authorization will be granted to anyone for graduations;
- The final secondary school exams (BAS) will be held in one session due to Covid-19, there will be no extraordinary session for students but there will be special remedial measures for candidates who need it, according to Minister Cadet;
- For the State exams, the calendar is maintained and the tests will begin on July 12th in the strict application of sanitary measures : https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-33813-haiti-covid-19-state-of-health-emergency-official-examinations-maintained.html ;
- All schools, public or private, must apply the measures adopted to limit the spread of the Covid: wearing a mask, physical distancing, hand washing, use of hydroalcoholic gel etc...;
- At the university level throughout the national territory, sanitary measures are reinforced: wearing of masks in administrative spaces and classrooms, respect of the regulatory distance, hand washing, constitution of teams to control the temperature and supervising the wearing of masks, maintenance of ventilation systems.
Crowd activities :
- Religious services are limited to 25% of the reception capacity, wearing a mask is compulsory for the duration of the religious service;
- All cultural, artistic or leisure activities: patronal festivals, balls, concerts, shows, recreational days, dance evenings and any other social outing are prohibited throughout the country until June 11, 2021;
- The Ministry of Sports informs that any gathering and gathering of spectators on sports grounds and parks may not exceed 30% of the capacity of the premises. Wearing a mask is compulsory, a strict health protocol must be observed for the players, the members of the technical staff and the officials...
- The late matches counting for the closing series of the Haitian Football Championship which was to take place this Thursday, June 3 are postponed. The 10th day of the closing series is suspended due to the Covid and postponed to a later date to be defined ...
Trade and industry :
Scrupulous respect for barrier gestures, particularly in companies in the subcontracting sector: wearing a mask, respecting social distancing, at least 1.50, regular hand washing, temperature measurement are mandatory.
The police were instructed to act against any offender who does not scrupulously respect the barrier measures and violates the state of health emergency as part of the fight against the spread of Covid-19 and its variants "Alpha" and "Gamma" present in Haiti.
See also :