Haiti - Culture : List of 10 beneficiaries of a grant from the AROCH 2021 Program
As part of the official launch of the 2nd year of the Action for the Strengthening of Haitian Cultural Organizations (AROCH) program funded by the European Union, those in charge of the program : the Haiti Jazz Foundation and Caracoli have unveiled grant recipients.
The members of the Selection Committee of the AROCH program (Bank of the Republic of Haiti, Embassy of Switzerland, Haiti Jazz and Caracoli Foundation) evaluated the projects received as part of a call for proposals launched in June 2021.
In total, 10 organizations working in several cultural sectors such as music, video, photography, theater, or in the preservation of the environment, have been selected to receive a grant and technical and financial support for the implementation of their project, as well as training in the organization of cultural events in Port-au-Prince, Jacmel and Cap-Haitien.
Between September and November 2021, 7 days of training will take place in Jacmel and Cap-Haitien and 6 half-days in Port-au-Prince, for around fifty beneficiaries. Workshops in event organization will be implemented by local experts including specialists in each sector of themes such as programming, logistics, security, communication, budgeting and partner search...
The projects for this 2nd edition will take place from September 2021 to February 2022.
Beneficiaries and projects :
- Alliance française de Jacmel: Implementation of the "Jacmel Talents" competition.
- Association 4 Chemins: Support and promote new dramaturgical writings in Haiti.
- "Ayiti Mizik": Implementation of "Next Beat Export" and sound training for beginners.
- "Ayiti Vèt" (J/PHRO): Strengthen the capacity of Haitian cultural organizations to produce sustainable events through a participatory assessment of their environmental impact and the legal recognition of the program of
- Theatrical Intervention Brigade (BIT Haiti): Organize the sixth edition of the "En Lisant" Theater Festival to build production capacities in the field of live performance
- Mwèm Foundation: Develop and strengthen the capacity of mwem.tv, by recruiting and training human resources and increasing the quality of production.
- Jacmel Jazz festival: Undertake sustainable actions that can contribute to the development and reinforcement of artistic capacities of young people in the Sud-Est department
- "Kolektif 2 dimensyon": Promote and strengthen the Haitian photography sector
- "Les Rescapés": Forum theater training in four departments of the country for civic education
- Théâtre Toupatou: Implementation of the 6th edition of the International Handicap and Culture Fortnight.