Haiti - Culture : Donation of 30.000 books
The Service of Cooperation and of Cultural Action of the Embassy of France in Haiti informs having received a donation of 30,000 books from the Association for the International Diffusion of French Speaking Books, Books and Magazines (ADIFLOR), a non-profit organization founded in 1985 by Xavier Deniau, former French Minister. ADIFLOR's mission is to encourage, make live reading in French around the world by spreading the joy of reading in French, enhancing the francophone cultural diversity, make share the cultural heritage of the France and cultivate the solidarity action.
The 30,000 books were distributed by the service of the Embassy in institutions, schools and cultural associations:
Beneficiary institutions :
- Foundation "Culture and Freedom" (FOKAL),
- French Alliances of Jérémie, of Gonaïves, Cap Haitien, Jacmel (head of the French alliance)
- The Haitian Group of research and educational activities (the GHRAP): a Haitian association of Haitian of school support for children of Port-au-Prince in difficulty,
- The French Lycée Alexandre Dumas in Port-au-Prince.
As planned with ADIFLOR, the French Alliance of Gonaïves will distribute itself a number of books that it has received to other institutions of the city of Gonaïves.
Educational and cultural institutions :
- The Lycée Fabre Geffrard,
- University of Artibonite,
- School of Law,
- High School Saint Paul,
- Adventist College,
- The Lycée Saint-Pierre Claver,
- The Lycée of the Immaculate Conception,
- The college Elim
- The municipal library Jacques Steffen Alexis.
- ABC Joyeux
- Petit chaperon rouge