|Click to download the official draft of the new Constitution (September 2021)|
Haiti - Culture : The Haitian writer Lyonel Trouillot in first selection for the Goncourt
Born in Port-au-Prince in 1956, where he still lives, Lyonel Trouillot left Haïti a few time to take refuge in the United States to escape the repression under Jean-Claude Duvalier in early 1980... but he never left the island forever. Lyonel Trouillot, fascinated by the literature from an early age, collaborated in various newspapers and magazines of Haiti and of the Diaspora in which he has published numerous poems and critical essays, he also wrote some texts of songs performed by Tambou Libète, Manno Charlemagne, Toto Bissainthe, Jean Coulanges and Atis Endepandan.
Literature professor, journalist, co-founder of the journal Lakansyèl, Tèm et Langaj. Chevalier des Arts et des Lettres of France, Lyonel Trouillot is now a member of the Collective of the journal Cahiers du Vendredi and co-director of the collection of the same name.
The Goncourt will be awarded on November 2, 2011. The juty of Goncourt will meet again on October 4 and 25 to announce their second and last selection.
List of the first selection of Goncourt :
- Alexis Jenni, L'Art français de la guerre (Gallimard) - premier roman
- Ali Magoudi, Un sujet français (Albin Michel)
- Carole Martinez, Du Domaine des Murmures (Gallimard)
- Charles Dantzig, Dans un avion pour Caracas (Grasset)
- David Foenkinos, Les souvenirs (Gallimard)
- Delphine de Vigan, Rien ne s'oppose à la nuit (JC Lattès)
- Emmanuel Carrère, Limonov (P.O.L)
- Eric Reinhardt, Le Système Victoria (Stock)
- Lyonel Trouillot, La belle amour humaine (Actes Sud)
- Morgan Sportès, Tout, tout de suite (Fayard)
- Romain Slocombe, Monsieur le Commandant (Nil) - Simon Libérati, Jayne Mansfield 1967 (Grasset) - Sorj Chalandon, Retour à Killybegs (Grasset)
- Stéphane Audeguy, Rom@ (Gallimard) - Véronique Ovaldé, Des vies d'oiseaux (L'Olivier)