|Click to download the official draft of the new Constitution (September 2021)|
Haiti - Tourism : The new Minister of Tourism has a lot of work to do
It is the Minister of Public Health and Population (MSPP), Marie Gréta Roy Clément, who proceeded to the installation of the new Minister of Tourism.
Important members of the private tourism sector, international organizations and executives of the central and deconcentrated office of the ministry took part in this ceremony.
Marie-Christine Stephenson succeeds Colombe Emilie Jessy, who has been in office since March 21, 2017.
Recall that in his general policy Prime Minister Jean-Henry Céant promised and wished :
- that the government will support its strategy to revive the tourism sector on comparative advantages offered by the country
- that it will be necessary to strengthen the powers of the National Tourism Authority by giving it the institutional, organizational and financial means to reach the recovery objectives of the sector
- existing training infrastructures in the hotel industry will be strengthened and multiplied
- the creation of an Institute of Tourism and Hospitality is envisaged
- the strengthening the competitive advantages of the country to make more fluid the value chain in tourism
- Investment in the tourism sector should be facilitated by the standardization of procedures and better cohesion of the public institutions concerned and the improvement of the regulatory framework for tourism investment
- a tourist credit program will be put in place
- priority tourism development poles will be created
- the improvement of the overall reception will be taken into account by a better organization of the receptive
- everything will be done to diversify the entertainment offer and to better exploit our cultural and historical heritage
- Haitians from abroad and the diaspora will be better informed and aware of the security and benefits of tourism development and investment by publishing documents aimed at making Haiti known to Haitians.
- a promotion program on traditional markets will be developed and the development of new target markets will be prioritized.