Haiti - Africa : Haiti's Commitments to the Nairobi High Level Summit
's Commitments :
1. Engage young people in all decisions that affect them by developing with them and for them policies and strategies to promote their rights and well-being and the prosperity of Haiti.
2. Ensure youth access to decent work in the public, private and informal sectors responding to current and future needs and challenges, including through the use of new information technologies.
3. Prioritize targeted funding to increase and facilitate access to quality emergency obstetric and neonatal care to reduce the maternal mortality rate to 140 per 100,000 live births by 2030.
4. Expand access to a choice of modern contraceptive methods by reducing unmet need by 20% across the country, giving priority to comprehensive sexuality education and access to reliable information and quality services, as part of Haiti's commitments under the FP2020 and beyond.
5. Adopt and enforce the law against gender-based violence currently under consideration by Parliament and take steps to end impunity.
6. Invest in the economic empowerment of women and girls, encourage women's leadership and take all other necessary steps to reduce gender inequality and discrimination.
7. Ensure cooperation with transit and destination countries for Haitian migrants and finalize and validate a migration policy that can support better managed migration flows.
8. Organize by 2020 the fifth general census of population and housing in Haiti to provide the disaggregated statistical data necessary for the country's development and policy development, and by the end of 2021, develop a national population policy.
9. Encourage investment in human capital and enhance the potential of youth by advocating for adequate budgets in key economic sectors that support sustainable development.
10. Ensure equity and non-discrimination in the realization of the rights of people of African descent and indigenous peoples by adhering to the Plan of Action of the International Decade for People of African Descent and Human Rights Commitments of Durban.
Modes of engagement :
Budget and Financial :
Encourage investment in human capital and enhance the potential of youth by advocating for adequate budgets in key economic sectors that support sustainable development Targeted funding to improve access to quality by 2030.
Change or creation of legislation :
Adopt and enforce the law against gender-based violence currently under consideration in Parliament, and take steps to end impunity. Expand access to a choice of modern contraceptive methods by reducing unmet need by 20% across the country.
Policy and direction :
Develop a national population policy by the end of 2021 Finalize and validate a migration policy capable of supporting better managed migration flows. Involve youth in decisions that affect them by developing policies and strategies with them and for them.
Programmatic Action :
Ensure young people's access to decent work in the public, private and informal sectors Invest in the economic empowerment of women and girls. South-South cooperation with Latin American and Caribbean countries.
See also :