Haiti - News : Zapping... - HaitiLibre.com : Haiti news 7/7

iciHaiti - Digicel Foundation : Presentation of the Prizes to the 4 winners of the poetry contest

iciHaiti - Social : Intervention of Haiti at the International Meetings of Women (RIF 2023)

iciHaiti - Security : 3 bandits arrested in Thomonde (Central Dept.)

iciHaiti - Humanitarian : Terrassa helps more than 5,000 vulnerable young Haitians

iciHaiti - Economy : End of a mission of the Haitian private sector in the Dominican Republic

more news

Haiti - News : Zapping...

Haiti - Cholera : Daily bulletin #139

Haiti - Mexico : Signing of a cooperation agreement in scientific and technical training activities

Haiti - FLASH : Online service available for CIN and passport application (Video PM)

Haiti - News : Zapping...

more news

Haiti - News : Zapping...
14/05/2020 11:23:45

Haiti - News : Zapping...
Covid-19 : 10 departments infected
The 10 departments of Haiti are now affected by the coronavirus Covid-19 https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-30765-haiti-covid-19-daily-report-may-13-2020.html

Paris : Reopening of the Haiti Consulate
The Consulate General of Haiti in Paris informs the Haitian community that, as part of the gradual deconfinement, its premises will reopen to the public, from May 19, 2020 and invites the Haitian community to be cautious. More details in the report of the day : https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-30773-haiti-covid-19-daily-report-may-14-2020.html

China : 3rd Arrival of equipment against the Covid-19
Wednesday on the tarmac of Toussaint Louverture International Airport, Dr. Marie Gréta Roy Clément, the Minister of Public Health received the 3rd shipment (out of 5 planned) of medical materials and equipment ordered by the Haitian State in the part of the fight against the spread of Covid-19 in the country. The third cargo contains in particular 123,550 combinations, 1,300,000 surgical masks, 112,240 pairs of protective glasses and 27,350 gowns.

8,480 prisoners without trial
Of the 11,305 inmates in Haiti’s prison system, only 25% have been sentenced, said Noël Charles Nazaire Director General of the Prison Administration (DAP). The remaining 75% are in prolonged detention. Some 3,625 detainees are in the national penitentiary.

10,000 masks for the press
On Wednesday at La Maison de la presse, Pradel Henriquez, the Minister of Communication handed 10,000 masks to various representatives of media associations and journalists. The Associations will have to decide together on how to organize the distribution in all the departments. and submit a report on distribution management.

Disabled, candidacies expected
The Secretary of State for the Integration of Persons with Disabilities, Ms. Soinette Désir, accompanied by members of her cabinet, recently organized a working session with the Project Coordination Unit of the Office of the Secretary of State for the Integration of Disabled People (BSEIPH) as part of the Project to Improve Access to Social Services and Employment for the Disabled (PAASSEPH) funded by the World Bank, around the training of around 150 young disabled people in technical areas. This working session was carried out around the recruitment strategy for the beneficiaries of the training that will be offered for a first cohort in Jacmel and Les Cayes for the benefit of people with disabilities. Candidacies are expected until May 19, 2020.

HL/ HaitiLibre

Twitter Facebook Rss
Send news to... Daily news...

Why HaitiLibre ? | Contact us | Français
Copyright © 2010 - 2023