|Click to download the official draft of the new Constitution (September 2021)|
Haiti - FLASH : 9 joint commitments between Haiti and the Dominican Republic
The 9 points of joint commitment contained in the public declaration :
"1. The Republic of Haiti and the Dominican Republic as well as their democratic institutions are ready to work on the process of identification and registration in the Haitian civil status of all Haitian citizens who are on the Dominican territory.
2. In the field of health, with the collaboration of the international community which has shown its willingness to finance hospitals in Haiti, the two leaders agree to cooperate in the construction of general hospitals on Haitian territory, located where the Government of Haiti deems it appropriate, in order to reduce the intensive use of Dominican hospitals by Haitians, an issue of great sensitivity in the Dominican Republic.
3. Open the negotiation process to delimit the maritime borders between the two countries as soon as possible.
4. Take appropriate measures, each country on its own territory, to deploy cutting-edge technologies that facilitate the elimination of irregular migratory flows, human smuggling and trafficking, the circulation of arms, drug trafficking and cattle theft, among other illicit activities.
5. Cooperate mutually and sustainably in the fields of energy, agricultural and industrial production, cooking fuels and efforts to combat desertification.
6. Work to secure the necessary funding for the adoption of a training and support plan that will facilitate the work of the two countries to strengthen border security and surveillance; therefore, each country will collaborate with the other in the event that physical or technological controls are put in place throughout the land border of the border.
7. Continue negotiations in a sustained manner until a general trade agreement is reached, with the aim of establishing transparent, stable, fair and predictable rules for both parties and making it possible to put an end to the smuggling which erodes the base tax of both countries.
8. Work in close collaboration to plan an energy interconnection matrix between the two countries, giving priority to renewable energies (wind, solar, biomass, hydroelectric) which allows the exchange of excess energy from one country to another.
9. Encourage the production of biodegradable products instead of those that harm the environment, especially those based on polystyrene. "
See also :