|New revised school calendar 2022-2023 (Official)|
Haiti - Economy : Details and success of the tour of President Martelly
We summarize you the main achievements of the tour, taken from the press conference at the return of the delegation, to the Toussaint Louverture International Airport yesterday Thursday, February 9, 2012.
- Venezuela has agreed to increase the quota of barrels of oil per day from 14,000 to 20,000, [$100 million more per year in the fund Petro Caribe]
- For Jacmel the Venezuelan Government has promised to conduct a pilot project in the area of deforestation, it will sent 50,000 trees and 200,000 propane tanks.
- Venezuela has confirmed the sending of a diesel fuel of better quality which contains less sulfur (from 0.05 to 0.02)
- For the Cap Venezuela will increase production capacity of power plants, from 13Mw to 30MW, a project that can take 8 to 12 months to complete.
- Signing of an agreement creating a joint commission to manage all projects. In addition to Petro Caribe, there are several other projects such as: refineries, fuel storage, storage of asphalt, stoves... This Commission will be co-chaired by the Chancellors Laurent Lamothe and Nicolás Maduro.
- In the relaunch of agricultural production, the President Martelly managed to convince the President Chávez that Venezuela should help us. Venezuela has proposed the creation of a fund to guarantee to guarantee the purchasing of crop of peasants.
- Venezuela offers Haiti a special relief fund in the Petro Caribe, who allows to keep a portion for the development of neighborhoods. Haiti has to choose the neighborhoods in which they will start a pilot project and they will put funds to renovate neighborhoods.
- Venezuela will send three missions this month: the first one will come in three days for one week, another mission will come from 17 to 19 and the Venezuelan Chancellor Nicolás Maduro will come to Haiti, Jacmel on March 2 and 3 to sign many agreements discussed in Venezuela.
- Venezuela has given its approval for the Ministry of Foreign Affair sending 10 members of his Ministry for a training on the management and protocol...
Argentina to ALBA Summit :
At the summit of ALBA, Argentina which is already helping Haiti in the field of food security through its "Pro Huerta" program where they are already yielding seeds to 250,000 farmers, pledged to increase aid from 250,000 to 1 million farmers.
Ecuador to ALBA Summit :
Ecuador has promised $5 million for road infrastructure in Haiti.
Cuba in ALBA Summit :
Cuba has promised to increase its cooperation with Haiti in the field of health and in a first step of the literacy, the President Martelly met with General Raúl Castro Ruz. Cuba. So far the program "wi nou kapab" as already literate 250.000 Haitian citizen. Haiti has requested as part of a tripartite cooperation between Cuba and Venezuela, Haiti, to increase this number to 1 million beneficiaries, Cuba and Venezuela have given indications that they agree.
- Reduced cost of visas for Haitian who goes from $ 1,000 to $50 (signing of a decree in Panama)
- All persons who have a U.S. visa or a Schengen visa in their passport can go in Panama without having to go to the Embassy of Panama in Haiti.
- Signing of a cooperation agreement that will provide technical assistance to Haiti on the issue of free trade zones [free zones of Panama earns them more than 28 billion per year]. This assistance will explain that to create jobs, free zones are a good solution.
- Technical assistance on the recovery of taxes [in Haiti 3% of the population and 300 companies only pay taxes]. This assistance will explain how the Panama proceeds to have more people paying taxes, to have more resources to give more services to the population.
- Technical assistance on the creation of business and the agriculture.
The President Martelly xplained that the problem in the Bahamas, it is the Haitians who are arrested and are deported. "I told the Prime Minister that our compatriots are seeking jobs. A cooperation for example, in tourism [..] if they could facilitate that cruise ships who are already in Labadie also stop in other places in the North as the Turtle, Mole Saint-Nicolas... this could allow our fellow citizens not be forced to leave Haiti and find jobs at home. We asked that the Bahamas with Curacao see how they can partner with us to facilitate the passage of these vessels in other areas of Haiti..."
Laurent Lamothe informed that :
- There is an agreement of cooperation that exists that has never been applied, we have asked them to apply it
- An agreement with the Bahamas so that they import our agricultural products, such as bananas and mangoes. Currently, Haitian mangoes can not go directly to the Bahamas, they must go through Miami. We asked the Ambassador to follow up, so we can sign this agreement.
- Curacao is ready to withdraw visas for Haitians who have a U.S. or Schengen visa.
- It agreed to lower the restrictions on visas and have asked to Haiti, a mission of the Chamber of Commerce to identify ways and means to reduce these restrictions and allow the merchants to go to Curacao more easily.
- Signing of a technical assistance agreement at the level of taxes and development of popular neighborhoods.
See also :