|Click to download the official draft of the new Constitution (September 2021)|
Haiti - Reconstruction : Tender for the reconstruction of the North Wharf
Liberty Equality Fraternity
Republic of Haiti
Ministry of Economy and Finance
National Port Authority (APN)
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
NORTH WHARF RECONSTRUCTION OF PUBLIC FACILITIES OF
INTERNATIONAL PORT OF PORT-AU-PRINCE
DESIGN AND PRODUCTION
1. The earthquake of January 12, 2010 has greatly affected the public port facilities of Port-au-Prince. Among other damage, there is the total destruction of North Wharf (450 meters long) dedicated mainly to container traffic.
2. In 2008, following a tender, the Spanish firm ALATEC had conducted a study on the general development plan of the Port of Port-au-Prince. This study was financed by the Interamerican Development Bank (IDB) through the 1638 loan managed by the Central Unit of Execution (UCE) of the Ministry of Public Works, Transport and Communications (MTPTC) under the Restoration of Basic Economic Infrastructure Project (PREIEB)
After the earthquake, the said Plan was updated by ALATEC through funding from the Spanish Cooperation.
3. As part of the country's reconstruction program undertaken by the Executive, the National Port Authority (APN), autonomous agency of the State under the Ministry of Economy and Finance (MEF), intends to finance on its own funds, with the approval of its Board of Directors, the design and realization of reconstruction works of Port of Port-au-Prince, starting with the North Wharf. To this end, the APN agrees to deposit in a special account, upon signature of the Contract, the financial resources to cover the cost of the market and designed solely to finance the work until completion. This work constitutes the Phase 0 of the general development plan of the port of Port-au-Prince.
4. To this end, the National Port Authority now soliciting sealed bids, including a technical proposal and financial proposal, for a contract of design and realization from the bidders meeting the qualifications to perform the works.
This applies to :
i. The construction of a new quay 450 meters long. The alignment of the side edge of the sea is located five meters from the front of the existing transit shed. The wharf will be designed to be equipped with all the equipment necessary for its proper operation and for the loading/unloading of ships. The water depth at right of the wharf will be 11.50 m to allow the docking of boat chosen for the design. The quay will be equipped with rails and other equipment needed to operate a crane.
ii. The reconstruction of the bridge RO-RO east of the dock. The gateway consists of a ramp of 30 meters wide with the same depth of water at the right of the wharf (11.50 m).
iii. The dredging of a portion of the basin and a navigation channel of 100 meters wide to access the dock. The depth of dredging will be 11.50 m.
iv. The construction of a Storage Area of Various Goods of 0.9 ha near the new wharf. This zone occupies the entire length of the wharf over a width of 20 meters and its function is to ensure the transit of loading equipments and storage of various goods. The existing pavement in this area will be demolished and replaced by a new able to support the expected traffic and ensure the storage of containers and other goods. Associated equipment will be created (sewer, communications, power supply, fire fighting system, lighting, etc..). This area will be extended later to occupy the whole area of container storage.
v. Pre-cleaning of the area where the above work will be carried out, and the demolition of pre-existing elements and pavement. The different elements (remains of quay, cranes, and other vehicles) that are now submerged near the esplanade will be evacuated. It will also be conducted the demolition of old pavements and various elements within the area of intervention, including a former warehouse.
The delivery period/construction is of eighteen (18) months from the execution order worth notice to commence work.
5. The Bidding will be conducted through International Competitive Bidding (ICB) and open to all interested bidders.
6. Potential bidders may obtain further information from the Directorate General of the National Port Authority from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm (Port-au-Prince), all working days from the date of publication of this notice.
7. The qualification requirements include, without limitation, proven experience of at least five (5) years in the maritime and port construction. No margin of preference will be applied to compare the offers of the bidders, whether domestic or foreign.
8. Interested bidders may withdraw, from the publication of this notice, a Tender Dossier complete in French by sending a written request to the address indicated below, with a non-refundable payment of sixty thousand gourdes (HTG 60,000. -) or one thousand five hundred U.S. dollars (USD 1.500. -) by executive check payable to the Autorité Portuaire Nationale.
9. Bids must be submitted printed and electronic format to the address below no later than May 7, 2012 at noon (hours of Port-au-Prince). The Late bids will not be accepted. Bids will be opened physically in the presence of bidders or their duly authorized representatives on the same day at 1 pm (hours of Port-au-Prince)
10. The address to which reference is made above is :
Autorité Portuaire Nationale (APN)
Att. Monsieur Jean Evens Charles
Boulevard La Saline
HT 6100, Port-au-Prince, Haïti, W.I.
Email : email@example.com
Port-au-Prince, March 22, 2012.
Jean Evens CHARLES
Original tender in French
See also :