Haiti - Reconstruction : The President Martelly releases the downtown of Port-au-Prince...
This signing session was attended by Patrick Rouzier, Adviser to the President, Ms. Gabrielle Hyacinthe, the Mayor of Port-au-Prince and Ms. Josiane Tribié, Representative of Michel Mourra of SOS Centre-ville, of the Engineer Jacques Rousseau, Minister of Public Works and Me. Thierry Mayard Paul, Minister of Interior and Local Authorities.
The 5 presidential decrees
- Decree repeals the Decree of 2 September 2010 signed by the Government Préval who had declared the center of the capital, of public utility
- Decree establishing the old center of the city of Port-au-Prince
- Decree limiting the requirements in terms of public buildings, this new space is identified [in yellow], will be declared of public utility for the purposes of public buildings
- Decree making the Champs de Mars, a National Park
- Decree declaring area reserved the waterfront
The President Martelly declared that the signing of these decrees repairing a miscalculation of the previous government and opened the commercial center to the entrepreneurs, whose the construction starts will generate jobs. "Today, the decision is taken, the decree is signed. Let us unite to rebuild the downtown," stating that the capital will not be rebuiled without the effort of the private sector and the contribution of its people. The Head of State invited the Ministry of Public Works to put as a priority the publication of new construction standards of downtown.