Haiti - Port-au-Prince : Pre-Carnival activities, 3 dead and more than 30 wounded - HaitiLibre.com : Haiti news 7/7
 2026-2027 Electoral Calendar, latest official version





Les Cayes : The Prime Minister attended Mass at Our Lady of the Assumption

CFU Challenge U14 : D-1 Our young Grenadiers in the Dominican Republic

235th Bois Caïman : a living memory, a destination to visit (Video)

Haiti's PM visits Lachaux Pond (Camp-Perrin)

iciHaiti - Camp-Perrin : Inauguration of the redevelopment work at the EFACAP in Mersan


more news


Haiti - FLASH : Deployment schedule for the Gang Supression Force (GSF)

Haiti - News : Zapping...

Haiti - Diplomacy : Significant progress in the modernization and reform of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Haiti - Elections : Youth at the heart of civic and electoral participation

Haiti - Travel - ZED Airlines opens a domestic route Port-au-Prince / Cap-Haitien (fare)


more news


Haiti - Port-au-Prince : Pre-Carnival activities, 3 dead and more than 30 wounded
05/02/2019 11:30:24

Haiti - Port-au-Prince : Pre-Carnival activities, 3 dead and more than 30 wounded

Inspector Gary Desrosiers, deputy spokesman of the National Police of Haiti (PNH) reported on the 4th Sunday (February 3) of pre-carnival activities in Port-au-Prince: two people were killed by balls including a police offcier on the Champ-de-Mars; a person was found dead in Pétion-Ville; Thirty wounded were reported (20 in Port-au-Prince and 10 in Pétion-ville), including one wounded in critical condition, 11 seriously wounded and 18 slightly wounded.

Gary Desrosiers said the incident where a police officer Pierre Mackendy, 39, agent III assigned to the police station in Port-au-Prince, lost his life happened near the Rex Theater during a shooting between the police officer and an individual that the police did not identified. Injured with two bullets, despite the rapid intervention of the National Ambulance Center, the police officer died at the hospital. The perpetrator was shot dead by colleague of the victim, the spokesman said. Several arrests were made for interrogation as part of the investigation to determine the exact causes of the assault. "This is a very unfortunate incident," said Desrosiers, recalling that about 400 police officers had been deployed to ensure the safety of carnival activities in Champ-de-Mars.

See also :

https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-26798-haiti-carnival-pap-3rd-sunday-of-activities-the-number-of-injured-more-than-doubled.html

https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-26754-haiti-social-2nd-sunday-of-pre-carnival-activities-many-wounded.html

https://www.icihaiti.com/en/news-26662-icihaiti-pap-1st-pre-carnival-sunday-2-wounded-by-bullets.html

S/ HaitiLibre



Twitter Facebook Rss
Send news to... Daily news...




Why HaitiLibre ? | Contact us | Français
Copyright © 2010 - 2026
Haitilibre.com