Haiti - FLASH : Reshuffle of Cabinet Michel, 5 new ministers
On Thursday, the Prime Minister appointed https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-28308-haiti-flash-jovenel-moise-appoints-his-4th-prime-minister.html made a reshuffle of his cabinet and proceeded replaced 5 ministers. This reshuffle approved by President Jovenel Moïse was the subject of a decree published in the official newspaper "Le Moniteur" #144 of Thursday, August 29, 2019.
Note that despite this reshuffle, Prime Minister Michel has retained parity 9 men, 9 women.
Text of the Order :
"Order Naming the Members of the Ministerial Cabinet
Having regard to the Constitution, particularly Articles 133, 136, 137, 155, 156, 158, 159.1, 162, 163, 164, 166, 168, 169, 169.1, 170, 171, 172 and 172.1;
Considering the Decree of 17 May 2005 on the Organization of the Central Administration of the State;
Having regard to the Decree of 17 May 2005 on the revision of the General Statute of the Civil Service;
Having regard to the Order of 22 July 2019 appointing the Prime Minister;
Considering that it is necessary to appoint the members of the Ministerial Cabinet;
- NEW : The Citizen Claude Joseph is appointed Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cults (MAEC) (replaces Marjorie Alexandre Brunache);
- The Citizen Michel Patrick Boisvert is appointed Minister of Economy and Finance (MEF);
- The Citizen Margareth Toussaint Georges is appointed Minister of Justice and Public Security (MJSP);
- The Citizen Jacques-Renée Charles is appointed Minister of Public Works, Transport and Communications (MTPTC);
- The Citizen Fritz William Michel is appointed Minister of Planning and External Cooperation (MPCE);
- The Citizen Anani Jean François is appointed Minister of Public Health and Population (MSPP);
- The Citizen Audain Fils Bernadel is appointed Minister of the Interior and Territorial Communities (MICT);
- The Citizen Jude Pierre Michel Lafontant is appointed Minister of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Rural Development (MARNDR);
- The Citizen Pétricks Justin is appointed Minister of the Environment (MED);
- NEW: The citizen Françoise Morailles is appointed Minister of Culture and Communication (replaces Padrel Henriquez);
- The Citizen Jonas Coffy Appointed Minister of Trade and Industry (MCI);
- The Citizen Phélito Doran is appointed Minister of Social Affairs and Labor (MAST);
- The Citizen Marie Ghislaine Monpremier is appointed Minister for the Status of Women and Women's Rights (MCFDF);
- NEW The Citizen Marie Lucie Joseph is appointed Minister of National Education and Vocational Training (MENFP) (replaces Ronyde Bélizaire Imbert);
- NEW : The Citizen Manouchka Nere is appointed Minister of Youth, Sports and Civic Action (MJSAC) (Replaces Carline Choute);
- The Citizen Ronald Gérard D'Mezard is appointed Minister of Defense (MD);
- NEW : The Citizen Luz Kurta Cassandra François is appointed Minister of Tourism (MT) (Replaces Marie Faustine Roxane Kerby Hurley);
- The Citizen Marie Élise Finis Castillon is named Minister of Haitians Living Abroad (MHAVE).
An amplification of the present order will be given to each of the interested parties
This Order will be printed, published and executed for the purposes of law.
Given at the National Palace, Port-au-Prince, August 28, Year 216 of Independence
The Prime Minister
Fritz William Michel
Seen and approved by :
The President : Jovenel Moïse."
See also :