|Click to download the official draft of the new Constitution (September 2021)|
Haiti - FNE : Grant of more than 2 million to support the education of young disabled
This grant from the FNE is intended to support the training of 259 pupils and students with special educational needs, through 5 organizations. Part of the grant will also be used in the institutional strengthening of 4 Special Education Centers said Joseph Frantz Nicolas
List of beneficiary institutions and organizations :
Support to schooling :
1. Association Foyer d’Amour d’Haïti (AFAH)
2. Centre National de Défense des Démunis et Handicapés (CNDDH)
3. Coalition Nationale des Organisations pour l’Intégration des Personnes Handicapées (CONOIPH)
4. Organisation des Enfants Démunis et Handicapés d’Haïti (OEDHH)
5. Société Haïtienne d’Aide aux Aveugles (SHAA)
Renforcement institutionnel :
6. Centre d’Education Spéciale (CES)
7. Association des Handicapés de Carrefour (ASHCA)
8. Association Arche-Haïti
9. Association des Œuvres Chrétiennes aux Opprimés de Bas Plateau Central (ASCHOP)
Joseph Frantz Nicolas, speaking to the media, said the aid was part of the government's desire to reduce the cost of education for low-income Haitian households during the 2019-2020 school year, emphasizing that he had responded quickly to the request of Secretary of State Oriol, recalling that "all young Haitians, living with a disability or not, have the same rights."
Note that this is the first group of recipients to receive checks as part of this collaboration between the Office of the Secretary of State for the Integration of Persons with Disabilities and the FNE.
Finally, let us recall that the National Fund of Education according to article 27 concerning its creation, its organization and its operation, has the obligations among others, to ensure the construction and the equipment of adapted establishments and the taking into charges tuition fees for students with special educational needs, such as children and young people with disabilities.