Haiti - FLASH : 7 employees of diplomatic staff suspected of corruption in DR
Following the investigation initiated by the Unit for the Fight against Corruption (ULCC) in the case of the Consul General of Haiti in Santiago in the Dominican Republic, Mrs. Judith Exavier arrested on December 7 at the Dominicano-Haitian border of Jimaní-Malpasse in a vehicle registered in the name of José Bernabé Quintero, one of the presumed members of the money laundering network of César Emilio Peralta Adamez nicknamed the "Dominican Pablo Escobar" https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-29458-haiti-flash-towards-a-new-scandal-in-haitian-diplomacy.html , Me Claudy Gassant, the new Director General of ULCC, https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-29422-haiti-news-zapping.html which took up the file https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-29509-haiti-flash-the-unit-against-corruption-has-taken-up-the-case-of-the-consul-of-haiti-in-santiago.html informs that 7 employees of the diplomatic staff of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, stationed in the Dominican Republic are suspected and accused among others of corruption...
List of persons concerned according to Me Gassant :
- Yves Rody Jean, Chargé d'Affaires a.i. at the Embassy of Haiti in the Dominican Republic;
- Eric Cheresca, Minister Counselor at the Embassy of Haiti in the Dominican Republic;
- Glaude Smith, Administrator of the Haitian Embassy in the Dominican Republic;
- Ronald Beldor, Counselor at the Embassy of Haiti in the Dominican Republic;
- Judith Exavier, Head of Post at the Haitian Consulate General in Santiago;
- Kerby Alcante Desormeaux, 2nd Secretary at the Embassy of Haiti in the Dominican Republic;
- Kerby Alcantara Desormeaux of Dominican nationality, Entrepreneur.
Claudy Gassant deplores that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Meanwhile, refused to give him the reports of December 17 and 18, 2019 and the summons of the Ministry dated December 12, 2019, addressed to diplomats suspected of illicit commercial activities, which obstructs his investigation...
In order to clarify and unblock the situation, in a correspondence Claudy Gassant invited Chancellor Bocchit Edmond to meet him in his offices Friday, December 20 about this case as well as on the case of a person posted in the Dominican Republic, who has several diplomatic passports under different identities...
However, on Friday Chancellor Edmond did not appear at this invitation, invoking a calendar conflict that day and assuring Claudy Gassant that the Chancellery will do everything possible within its field of competence to help the ULCC in its fight against corruption...
To be continued...
See also :