Haiti - Politic : Creation of a Scientific Cell to manage the Covid-19 crisis
Following circular #1 of last March 25 concerning the execution of the decree of March 19, 2020 declaring the state of health emergency https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-30311-haiti-flash-president-moise-declares-a-state-of-health-emergency-text-of-the-order.html throughout the national territory for a period of one month in order to fight against the spread of the coronavirus Covid- 19, Prime Minister Joseph Jouthe announces the creation of a Scientific Cell for the Management of the Health Crisis.
This cell has the mission in particular, to collect and process data related to Covid-19 the evolution of the situation in Haiti and to produce recommendations to the government cell on the health measures to be taken.
Composition of the scientific cell :
- Dr. Patrick Dely, Department of Laboratory and Research Epidemiology (DELR), Coordinator;
- Dr. Jacques Boncy, National Laboratory of Public Health (LNSP), member;
- Dr. Martial Beneche, Departmental Health Department of the West (DSO), member;
- Dr. Pierre Sosthenes, Representative of the State University of Haiti (UEH), member;
- Dr. Luis Codina, of the Pan American Health Organization and the World Health Organization, (PAHO/WHO), member;
- Dr. Stanley Juin, Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) member;
- Dr. Jean William Pape, GHESKIO Centers, member;
- Dr. Made Julceus, Zanmi Lasante, member;
- Dr. Jean Hugues Hentys, Haitian Medical Association (AMH), member;
- Wilcox Toyo, Haitian Society, in Mental Health (SHSM), member;
- Dr. Joëlle Philohège, Pulmonologist, member;
- Dr. Ariél Henty, Neurosurgeon, member;
v Dr. Guerda Coicou, Anesthesiologist, member;
- Lain Gilles, Sociologist, member.
This scientific unit has its headquarters at the Ministry of Public Health, which provides all the means necessary for its activities.
See also :