Haiti - Environment : An above normal hurricane season, latest NOAA forecasts... - HaitiLibre.com : Haiti news 7/7





iciHaiti - Health : Delivery of ten vehicles to departmental directors

iciHaiti - O.G. Paris 2024 : The Government finally makes a financial gesture to help the Haitian Olympic delegation

iciHaiti - Cité Soleil : Canal cleaning removes the risk of flooding

iciHaiti - Culture : Mysterious disappearance of rapper «MECHANS-T»

iciHaiti - Shipwreck : Fire at sea at least 40 missing and 37 survivors


more news


Haiti - News : Zapping...

Haiti - Politic : Sectoral Table of the school feeding sub-sector, an impressive record

Haiti - U-20 World Cup Qualifiers Chile 2025 : «D-1» Opening match of our Grenadiers against Mexico

Haiti - Taiwan : Towards the relaunch of the Lycée d'excellence project in Quartier Morin

Haiti - Technology : US$16 million for the digital transformation of the Government


more news


Haiti - Environment : An above normal hurricane season, latest NOAA forecasts...
02/06/2022 09:06:53

Haiti - Environment : An above normal hurricane season, latest NOAA forecasts...
Forecasters from the Climate Prediction Center of the United States Oceanic and Atmospheric Observation Agency (NOAA), a division of the National Weather Service, predict an above-average hurricane activity in 2022, which would make it the seventh consecutive above-average hurricane season.

NOAA's forecast for the 2022 Atlantic hurricane season, which runs from June 1st to November 30, predicts with 65% probability of an above-normal season, 25% for a near-average season and 10% for a lower than normal season

For the 2022 hurricane season, NOAA forecasts 14 to 21 named storms (winds of 39 mph/63 km/h or more), of which 6 to 10 could become hurricanes (winds of 74 mph/119 km/h or more), including 3 to 6 major hurricanes (category 3, 4 or 5; with winds of 111 mph/178 km/h or more).

NOAA provides these forecasts with a confidence level of 70%.

The increased activity anticipated this hurricane season is attributed to several climate factors, including the ongoing La Niña that is likely to persist throughout the hurricane season, warmer-than-average sea surface temperatures in the Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea, weaker tropical Atlantic trade winds and an enhanced west African monsoon. An enhanced west African monsoon supports stronger African Easterly Waves, which seed many of the strongest and longest lived hurricanes during most seasons.

List of the 21 names available for the 2022 season :
Alex, Bonnie, Colin, Danielle, Earl, Fiona, Gaston, Hermine, Ian, Julia, Karl, Lisa, Martin, Nicole, Owen, Paula, Richard, Shary, Tobias, Virginia, Walter.

See also :
https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-36399-haiti-environment-next-hurricane-season-above-normal.html

SL/ HaitiLibre

Twitter Facebook Rss
Send news to... Daily news...




Why HaitiLibre ? | Contact us | Français
Copyright © 2010 - 2024
Haitilibre.com