Haiti - Culture : The World Bank promised millions for the Citadelle
Several issues were discussed at this meeting, including :
- The development of the National Historical Park which includes the ruins of Palace Sans Souci, the buildings of Ramiers and the Citadelle
- The strengthening of the Institute for the Protection of National Heritage (ISPAN) to enable the institution to respond more effectively to its mission.
- The strengthening of the Departmental Directorate of the Ministry of Culture in the North, to ensure better monitoring of projects highlighted in the Department by the Ministry of Culture.
- A strong partnership between the Ministries of Culture and Tourism
- The involvement of host communities in the management of heritage and the creation of jobs.
During this fruitful working session, the World Bank pledged $44 million whose 22 million, will be dedicated to National Historical Park, particularly to the restoration in emergency of the Citadelle. The other half will be allocated to various cultural projects that will be implemented in the region North.
Photo : Minister Jean Mario Dupuy surrounded by representatives of the World Bank, Juan Bucheneau, Sylvie Debomy, Maria Kim and Chief of Staff Joseph Stanley.
See also :