|Click to download the official draft of the new Constitution (September 2021)|
Haiti - Covid-19 : The Town Hall of Cap-Haitien announces a series of restrictive measures
Preventive measures :
1) The public markets in Cap-Haitien will only operate three days a week from Tuesday, April 14, 2020. The operating days will now be Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, from 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Only people who sell food, agricultural products and hygiene items will have access to the various public markets by respecting the schedule established by the municipal authorities.
2) The sale of "pèpè" will be prohibited from Tuesday, April 14, 2020 in Cap-Haitien.
3) The inhabitants of the departments of North-East, North-West, Center, Artibonite and West will be prohibited from entering the city of Cap-Haitien by public transport. Bus or truck drivers carrying passengers from these areas mentioned above will be arrested.
4) Private vehicles can only transport 3 people. If they come from another department and are caught, they will be prohibited from entering the second city of the country if the reasons given are not valid.
5) Inside Cap-Haitien, tricycles or three-wheeled vehicles will be prohibited from carrying more than 2 passengers. The two passengers must sit in the rear chair of the tricycle. The driver is advised to wear a mask to protect himself and to respect the parking points initially established by the municipal authorities. The city center is prohibited.
6) Motorcycles or two-wheeled vehicles will carry one passenger. The driver is advised to wear a mask to protect himself.
7) Tap-taps and minibuses on the Petite-Anse and Center-ville, Haut-du-Cap and Downtown circuits will be prohibited from carrying more than 8 passengers. Drivers are advised to wear a mask to protect themselves and to respect the embarkation points initially established by the municipal authorities. The city center is prohibited.
8) Taxis and private vehicles circulating in the city can only hold 3 passengers at a time, and wearing a mask is recommended.
9) The operations centers of the National Identification Office (ONI) located in the commune of Cap-Haitien can only receive 30 people per day.
10) The public and private beaches located in the commune of Cap-Haitien will be closed from Tuesday April 14, 2020.
See also :