|Download the School calendar 2023-2024 (Official)
Haiti - Elections : Chancellor Joseph instructs diplomatic missions
Letter from Chancellor Joseph :
"Ladies and Gentlemen, Heads of Diplomatic Missions
Following the will expressed by the President of the Republic, His Excellency Jovenel Moïse, to relaunch the electoral process as soon as possible, leading to the renewal of Haitian political staff and the installation of his successor in the supreme magistracy on February 7, 2022, I have the honor to instruct you to take the following important steps :
1) Inform the international institutions or the States with which you are accredited of the firm will of the President of the Republic, HE Mr. Jovenel Moïse, to organize free and democratic elections with a view to the renewal of Haitian state institutions.
2) Communicate to the international institutions or to the States with which you are accredited of the determination of the Head of State to hand over power to another elected president, at the end of his five (5) year term, on 7th February 2022, in accordance with the prescriptions of the Haitian Constitutions.
3) Take all the necessary measures to obtain political support from international institutions or from your receiving States in the process of renewing democratic institutions.
Also, I expect your work to defend Haiti's interests abroad to be articulated with reference to the following points :
- Economic and social development, to be sustainable, requires long-term political economic stability. It is therefore important that Haiti's partners and friends continue to support the government's effort to stabilize the country.
- The political stability of our Nation State depends above all on the proper functioning of solid institutions and respect for the democratic rules of the game defined through its Constitution and its laws.
- The mother law of the Republic of Haiti limits the presidential mandate to five (5) non-renewable years. Democratic game demands respect for this basic principle. As the Head of State said, participating in elections remains the only democratic way to gain power.
The central services of the Ministry will support you in this work of defending the interests of Haiti, promoting political stability and advocating for respect for the constitutional order. They will regularly supply you with information according to the evolution of the electoral process.
I take this opportunity to renew to you, Ladies and Gentlemen, Heads of Missions, the assurance of my highest consideration."
See also :