Haiti - FLASH : Canada's new humanitarian immigration program for Haitians - HaitiLibre.com : Haiti news 7/7

iciHaiti - Obituary : Death of linguist, teacher and writer Pierre Michel Chéry

iciHaiti - Mother's Day : Message from the Director General of ONA

iciHaiti - Mirebalais : End of the 3rd Scientific Conference of the Public University of the Center

iciHaiti - 3 missionaries killed : Note of sympathy from the CPT

iciHaiti - Insecurity : Violence continues to affect the health sector

more news

Haiti - News : Zapping...

Haiti - Mother's Day : Message from Lesly Condé

Haiti - Education : Technical validation of revised secondary school programs

Haiti - Security : The OPC demands changes at the level of the PNH high command

Haiti - FLASH CNS D1 playoffs : Real Hope FA wins the trophy (Video)

more news

Haiti - FLASH : Canada's new humanitarian immigration program for Haitians
20/11/2023 03:57:36

Haiti - FLASH : Canada's new humanitarian immigration program for Haitians
Given the record number of internationally displaced people, Canada recognizes the need to take action and is working to support vulnerable people by providing them with safe and regular pathways for migration.

This is why Canada offers an alternative to irregular immigration by welcoming 15,000 people from the Western Hemisphere through a family humanitarian route in addition to its existing programs.

Friday, November 17, 2023, Marc Miller, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, announced that the dedicated humanitarian pathway aimed at granting permanent residency to Colombian, Haitian and Venezuelan foreign nationals < B>is now open for requests.

Criteria for applying:

  • Be of Colombian, Haitian or Venezuelan nationality;
  • Be located in Mexico, Central or South America or the Caribbean;
    be a spouse, common-law partner, child (regardless of age), grandchild, parent, grandparent or sibling of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is willing and eligible to support your application (sponsorship/guarantor or “anchor”)
  • Have a valid passport or eligible travel or identity document.

Plan to live outside Quebec. Members of your immediate family (dependent child under 22, spouse or common-law partner) may be included in your application.

Criteria for being an “anchor point”:
To be an “anchor point” [sponsor, guarantor…] you must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, aged 18 or over. You must reside in Canada, outside the province of Quebec.

You must also:

  • Not be subject to an expulsion order;
  • Not to be detained in a penitentiary, prison or reformatory;
  • Have not been convicted in Canada of the offense of murder or of an offense set out in Schedule I or II of the Corrections and Conditional Release Act, or outside from Canada for an equivalent offence, whether or not prosecuted by indictment, if a period of five years has not passed since the end of your sentence;
  • Not be in default of respecting a sponsorship commitment or an obligation to pay alimony ordered or registered with a court;
  • Not be in default of repayment of any debt referred to in subsection 145(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act payable to Her Majesty in right of Canada;
  • Not be an undischarged bankrupt under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act;
  • Not receiving social assistance for a reason other than a disability;
  • Do not accept and understand that you must not accept any financial compensation from the foreign national and their accompanying family members.

Your responsibilities as anchor:
As an “anchor,” you are responsible for helping the applicant settle in Canada and supporting them and their family members for a year while they settle in and settle in. integrated into his new life.

Reception and essential needs:
When the applicant (and their family, if applicable) arrives, you are responsible for welcoming them at the airport and taking them to their place of stay. You will need to help them find accommodation. You also need to make sure they have access to food, clothing and other basic needs during their first year in Canada. Finally, you should introduce them to life in Canada, including how to access public transportation, banks, stores, and their rights and responsibilities.

Access important services:
In addition to basic needs, you are responsible for helping the requester interpret the information and get set up with important services. You should help them open a bank account so they can receive their financial aid and help them enroll in state and federal programs and benefits, including applying for a social insurance number and enrolling them in coverage. provincial health care system.

You are also responsible for helping the applicant find a family doctor, dentist, and eye care specialist, and for making arrangements to meet any other medical needs applicable to them and their family. Children must be enrolled in school. Finally, you should help them access employment-related services that they will be referred to if they accessed pre-arrival supports, or other settlement services offered by service provider organizations (in English and French only), who can also help them with things like language training or other information about life in Canada.

Settlement services available to applicants authorized to come to Canada:
Approved applicants may be eligible for the following settlement services:

  • Pre-arrival services, including a job skills assessment and referral to a settlement service provider agency in the destination community;
  • All settlement services under the Settlement Program https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/newcomers.html (in English and French only)
  • Transitional financial assistance under the Resettlement Assistance Program to meet settlement needs upon arrival.

How to apply:
To apply, you must submit your application using the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) online portal: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login .
You will need to provide a signed statutory declaration from your anchor (confirming that they are willing to support you in Canada. Note that application forms are available in English and French.

Required documents:

Forms that you will complete online

  • Generic application form for Canada - for the principal applicant
  • Additional family information - for the main applicant, as well as your spouse or partner and each dependent child over the age of 18 (whether accompanying you or not)
  • Appendix A – History/Declaration: detailed personal history for the last 10 years or since age 18, if you are under 28

Documents you will upload with your application:

  • Annex 1: Declaration - to be completed and signed by the main applicant (will be available once applications have been launched)
  • Solemn declaration of the sponsor - to be completed and signed by the sponsor and uploaded by the main applicant (will be available once applications have been launched)

Use of a representative:
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5476e.pdf - If you would like to hire an immigration representative (lawyer or consultant) to help you With your application, the principal applicant and their representative must complete, print, sign and date this form and submit it through the representative's account.

Disclose personal information to a designated person:
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5475e.pdf -
If you wish to authorize Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) to disclose information from your file to a person who is not a representative

Proof of relationship:
A document showing the relationship between the principal applicant and the presenter (for example, birth certificates to demonstrate family connection)

Proof of status:
A document allowing the presenter to show proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status

Identity and civil status documents:
Provincial government-issued ID from the sponsor that shows their full name, date of birth and address to show proof of residence outside of Quebec

Police certificate(s): https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/about.html

For the main applicant and their dependents over the age of 18, you must obtain a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or more since the age of 18.

Travel documents and passports:
Passports, travel documents or other identification documents for the principal applicant and their dependents indicating their nationality

A photo of the main applicant and each family member (whether accompanying you or not) taken within 6 months of submitting the application (JPG or JPEG format)

Program link : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/humanitarian-colombia-haiti-venezuela.html

HL/ HaitiLibre

Twitter Facebook Rss
Send news to... Daily news...

Why HaitiLibre ? | Contact us | Français
Copyright © 2010 - 2024