|Download the School calendar 2023-2024 (Official)|
Haiti - FLASH : Roadmap of the Minister of Public Works
Roadmap of the Minister of Public Works :
"Mines and Energy
- Work with interested sectors to provide the country with an energy policy for the next 5 or 10 years;
- Strengthen the MTPTC Energy Cell by adding a unit responsible for rural electrification;
- Strengthen relations with regional and international institutions involved in the field of energy and identify investment opportunities available;
- Collaborate with training centers and universities to strengthen the training of executives in the energy and mining sectors;
- Make an inventory of available human resources and ensure the continuing training of public sector personnel involved in the energy and mining sectors.
- Revise the January 2016 decrees reforming the electricity sector;
- Create the electricity sector regulatory authority;
- Ensure the commercial and financial recovery of the EDH;
- Diversify the production mix and build a national electricity grid;
- Rehabilitate the existing micro-hydro plants and consider transferring their management to private operators;
- Set up intelligent micro-grids (smart grids) to supply small towns in the regions.
Access to energy, renewable energy and energy efficiency
- Develop an off-grid electrification plan using mainly solar energy;
- Develop a national development plan for renewable energy;
- Establishment within the Energy Unit of the MTPTC a unit in charge of the development of Renewable Energies and Energy Efficiency;
- Develop the national development plan of renewable energy;
- Renegotiate power purchase contracts with operators in the sector;
- Ensure the implementation of the Scaling-up Renewable Energy Program (SREP) and Clean Technology Fund (CTF) projects in preparation to the Energy Cell.
Petroleum products - fossil fuels
- Establish a strategic reserve of petroleum products and diversify sources of supply;
- Update the Petroleum Products Management Act and establish a strategy for the planned management of petroleum products with the other actors involved (MEF, MCI).
Firewood and charcoal (domestic energy)
- Develop and implement a strategy and program for the sound management of fuelwood and charcoal.
Transport, Ports and Airports
-Review public transport legislation;
- Promote the multi-modality of transport within the framework of the public-private partnership.
- Develop the connectivity of the territory in coherence with economic and social flows and needs;
- Strengthen the application of safety standards in the transport sector to reduce road accidents;
- Take strong incentives to bring the operators of the system to organize themselves into cooperatives or public transport companies in order to have access to substantial capital to modernize the vehicle fleet and ensure better conditions for public transport;
- Establish mandatory safety control practices on all vehicles over six years old and on motorcycles over two years old;
- Develop a policy of partnership with the private sector for the development and maintenance of road networks by considering tolling systems on certain roads.
- Facilitate the construction of a Transhipment Port to capitalize on the country's geographic assets by positioning it as a Caribbean crossroads for international trade;
- Pool resources to modernize the Port-au-Prince airport in order to have an airport platform capable of accommodating large aircraft and increase the level of air traffic;
- Mobilize the resources of the port infrastructure development fund to put into operation, in partnership with the private sector, port platforms at strategic points with a view to opening up certain communes;
- Pursue the process of setting up large public facilities (schools, hospitals, airports, ports, public squares, sports and leisure centers, etc.);
- Launch, in partnership with the private sector, the construction of a four-lane peripheral ring around the Port-au-Prince Metropolitan Area linking Mariani- Pétion-ville -Croix des Bouquets-Bon repos-La Saline -Mariani;
- Build the National Road linking Carrefour Joffre (Gonaïves) to Anse à Foleur in the North-West.
- Set up and execute in an orderly and sequential manner the Territory's development plan;
- Establishing the National Reconstruction Authority to steer the work of post-earthquake reconstruction by developing working synergies between CIAT, UCLBP, ONACA, TPTC Building Management and EPPLS;
- Mobilize the companies holding a fleet of equipment for road works (viabilization), construction projects carried by the middle class people. The cost of the works will be amortized over 25 years;
- Activate the reconstruction project in downtown Port-au-Prince;
- Ensure compliance with legislation on urban planning and habitat by ensuring the implementation of the Land Use Plan (zonning);
- Implement the Social Plan of Access to the Architecture Department (recruitment of young architects and engineers by placing them in town halls to help people from lower-income neighborhoods to draw up plans for their housing). This measure aims at valuing the assets of the informal sector;
- Launch a model cities pilot project in conjunction with some selected town halls;
- Launch urban development works in priority development or strategic development zones (Port-au-Prince, Cap-Haitien) and major regional urban centers to promote private investment;
- Establish a plan for the rehabilitation of urban facilities.
- Investing in infrastructure to provide drinking water;
- Strengthen the capacities of the National Directorate of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DINEPA);
- Regulate the exploitation of groundwater in order to avoid contamination and its negative impacts on water quality;
- Provide the country, in partnership with the major operators in the sector, with two new fiber optic cable networks connected from the North from Miami / Bahamas and from Grand Anse from Jamaica;
- Organize a mini trade fair that would allow local service providers to present their capabilities;
- Make representations to quickly complete the network of optical fibers.
I ask you to start preparing the 2017-2018 Budget, which will have to be approved by the Council of Ministers, after arbitration by the Ministry of the Economy and Finance, and filed within the required legislative time in Parliament.
You will also have the task of increasing transparency, the fight against corruption and the good management of public property. It will be up to you to organize, direct and animate the services, teams and agents of the State placed under your responsibility."
See also :